Why I Love Her

Kita was enjoying his lunch with Hirai, his childhood friend. As she was laughing at her own joke beside him, he stared at her. He felt his lips tug upwards, forming a smile unwillingly. 'Why is she so cute?' 

He noticed how he was weird every time he was around her. It's like he was not being himself at all. He was not a dense person. He is well aware of the reason behind this: He was in love with his childhood friend. He never thought that he will fall for his childhood friend. He always thought that he will see her as his sister and nothing more. Who would have thought that he develop feelings for her, wanting to cross the line of friendship?

He was lost in his thoughts until he heard her voice calling out to him. "Shin-chan?"

Kita shook his head slightly before turning to look at her. "Sorry, I was zoning off."

Hirai looked at him with full of concern as she placed her palm on his forehead. "Are you okay? You don't usually zone off. Maybe you are sick!"

He gently took her hand from his forehead. "I'm really fine. I think it's the weather. Don't worry about it."

She nodded her head hesitantly as she began to pack her lunch.

• • •

Kita sighed as he let go of his pencil. He just finished his homework and placed them carefully into his school bag. Once he was ready for school tomorrow, he was about to head off to sleep. However, before he could turn off his lamp, he stared at the blank page laid out on his table. He grabbed his pencil once again and began to list down the reasons why he loves her. He thought that doing this will make him more certain of his feelings towards her.

• • •

Reasons why I fell for her:

1. Her smile

2. Her eyes

3. Her clumsiness

4. Her height

5. Her personality

• • •

After listing them down, he decided to write what exactly about those traits of hers makes her special. He smiled as he began to write them down.