Her Smile

He loves her smile so much. 

He loves how her eyes close when she smiles. However, she complains that she doesn't like it as she thinks that it was because of her eyes being too small.

• • •

"Shin-chan! My eyes keep closing when I smile! Why are they so small?! I wish I had bigger eyes..." Hirai pouted beside him.

He would just ruffle her hair gently. "I love your smile. I love how it reaches your eyes."

She blushed at his words and turns her face away from him.

• • •

Her smile has never changed. It has always been so pure since they were young. Whenever she smiles, it was due to pure happiness. The fact that her smile was not fake nor as any bad intention makes him drawn into her further and further. He especially loves it when her smile is directed towards him. Her smile lights up his surroundings that he unwillingly smile back at her.

• • •

"Shin-chan!" She yelled as she ran towards him.

He smiled at her softly as he saw her smile brightly displayed on her lips. 

"I finally caught up to you!" She said once she reached beside him.

"Is there something you need?" He asked.

She shook her head with her smile never leaving her lips. "I just wanted to stay with you!"

• • •

He wants to protect that smile of hers. He won't let her think that her smile is ugly. She believes that it's so ugly that she tends to stop smiling when she realizes it or even cover her lips with her hand.

• • •

Hirai's eyes widen in realization as she quickly removed her smile from her face. Her action caused him to look at her in puzzlement. "What's wrong?"

She just shook her head with an embarrassed look. 

"You know you can tell me anything," he tried to reassure her.

She hesitated a bit before speaking, "M-My smile... it's so ugly..."

He was confused by her words. He just did not understand why will she even think that way. "What makes you think that? I think your smile is the cutest smile I ever saw."

He saw her face flush into bright pink as she covered them in haste. "D-Don't say that!"

"Why not? I mean it."

She muttered something under her breath, but he did not question it from the look on her face. She looked happy.

• • •

This goes the same with her laugher.

He hates how she covers her face with her hands whenever she laughs. He hates how she tries to stop herself from laughing. He doesn't understand why she thinks her laugh is terrible. Whenever he sees her cover her face, he faintly frowns which went unnoticeable to her each time. 

He just wishes that she could see what he sees. He loves her laugh so much. It makes him want to laugh as well. It may be cheesy, but it is like music in his ears. Her laughter brings him joy. It was something that instantly lifts his mood up. 

He wishes she had more confidence in her smile and laughter. There is nothing wrong with them. He just hopes for her to realize that and smile or laugh as freely as she wants to. No one has the right to judge it or bring them down.