Her Clumsiness

He loves how clumsy she is.

Hirai sees her clumsiness as her flaw that she hates it, but in fact, it's really cute. Maybe he only thinks it's cute because it's her. She is the reason why clumsiness looks adorable.

• • •

He was waiting for Hirai to show up in front of the cafe they promised to meet at. He was waiting for her patiently until he heard her voice calling out to him. "Shin-chan!"

He looked towards her voice and spotted her running in his direction. He smiled instantly at the sight of her.

"Don't ru-" Before he could even tell her to slow down, he saw her trip and fall down. He sighed as he quickly headed towards her. 

When he approached her, he crouched down to her level and saw that her knees were scrapped. He helped her up before leading her to a nearby pharmacy. He bought band-aids and paste to put on her wound. After doing so, he glanced at her face to see that she was embarrassed. "Sorry, Shin-chan... I was being clumsy again..."

He just ruffled her hair as he chuckled softly.

"You're laughing at me..." She pouted.

He shook his head. "I'm not."

"But you were laughing just now," she argued.

"I just thought that you were cute. It made me want to protect you even more." 

He saw her face gradually becoming tinted with a shade of deep red as she looked away from him. He chuckled once again before holding out his hand towards her. "Let's go?"

She nodded as she accepted his hands.

• • •

Her clumsiness gives him an excuse to be around her more and take care of her.

• • •

The class has begun and the teacher told them to get their notebooks and pens out for note-taking. Everyone took their items out, including himself. He looked beside him and saw her panicking.

"I forgot my pencil case!" He heard her whisper in a frantic manner.

He chuckled softly before grabbing an extra pen from his pencil case. "Here."

"Thank you, Shin-chan! You're a life savior!" She smiled before accepting it.

• • •

He chuckled as he remembered how scared she was. That teacher was especially strict when it came to note-taking. No wonder she panicked that day. He was smiling as he thought of her.

• • •

Hirai and he were enjoying their lunch together. As he ate his food, he glanced at her and saw that she had sauce all over her lips. When he noticed that, he took out a tissue and held her face gently as he leaned closer. She gave him a confused look but did not really resist. He then wiped his lips clean before leaning back.

He chuckled as he placed the tissue down. "You're like a kid, Haru. Still having sauce all over your lips."

She blushed as she glanced down. "T-Thanks..."

He just smiled at her before continuing with his food.

• • •

Before he realized his feelings, he always thought that it was because he saw her as his sister. How wrong he was. He was in love with her that he didn't want her to realize how he felt at that moment. He needed an excuse to show how much he cares for her beyond the feelings of friends or family.