Her Eyes

He loves her eyes.

They reflect her emotions clearly. He loves how honest her eyes are. Those eyes of hers help him to know whether or not she was really okay.

• • •

He heard some of Hirai's classmates talking about a fight that has occurred. He did not mean to eavesdrop, but they were speaking quite loudly. "That fight was quite intense."

"I know right? I never knew Hirai-chan can get mad like that."

By the mentioning of her name, he immediately went to look for her in worry. When he reached their usual spot, he saw her sitting down on the bench as she kicked the floor slightly. He sighed in relief and called out to her in a soft voice, "Haru."

She glanced at him with a soft, pained smile. "Hey, Shin-chan."

He saw how her eyes were filled with sorrow. Sorrow that does not suit her.

He just sat down beside her and gave her a hug. She hugged him back as she joked a bit, trying to appear as if she was fine. After a minute or two, she began to tremble. He felt droplets on his shoulders, gradually damping his uniform. He did not say anything and patted her back as she began to let out her sorrow.

• • •

Aside from showing her true emotions, they are just so clean. Her eyes show who she truly is. They show that she means no harm to anyone. It reflects her kind nature. Even his grandmother mentioned her eyes every time she sees her.

• • •

"Hi, Shin-chan! Grandma!" Hirai greeted as she entered his house.

"You truly have clean eyes," his grandmother said as she gave Hirai a hug.

She looked confused but just smiled. "I'll take it as a compliment!"

He chuckled softly at her reply.

• • •

He also loves how her eyes twinkle whenever she sees something that she likes or interests her. He loves how her eyes shine when she looks at him. Those eyes of hers make him get lost in them. He frequently catches himself staring at her eyes unconsciously. He remembers how Hirai has to call out to him to snap him back to reality every time it happens.

• • •

Hirai was talking about a series she just finished watching. He saw how much she was enjoying the topic as her eyes twinkled brightly. As he listened to her, he stared into her eyes. Sooner or later, he was so drawn to her eyes that the sounds around him faded away.

"-in-chan! Shin-chan!" He snapped out of his daze due to her calling out his name repetitively. 

"Sorry about that. Can you repeat what you were saying?" He asked.

She just giggled as she nodded and repeated what she just said. Her eyes were twinkling once again as she began to speak and made eye contact with him.

• • •

Her eyes are like the universe.