Chapter 3: Rohan

Welcome to chapter 3! I know it's been a couple of months since I uploaded I'm so sorry for the wait!

Start of recap...

Éomer is punched in the gut by one of the guards.

Grima continues to talk "You are banished forthwith from the Kingdom of Rohan and all its domains under pain of death"

Eomer: You have no authority here. Your orders mean nothing.

Éomer gets punched in the stomach once more

Gríma: This order does not come from me. It comes from the king. He signed it this morning.

Gríma shows Eomer the banishment document, which has been signed by Theodred. Éomer gets dragged away.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

Uruk-hai are running through a field. Merry and Pippin are being carried on the backs, behind a little.

With Calen, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli

Gimli: Keep breathing. That’s the key. Breathe. Ohh.

Legolas: They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them.

"we may not make it in time Muindor" spoke Calen as she ran beside her Brother. Aragorn nodded slightly "you may be right Muinthel" he said.

As they continued Running Calen was thinking about Merry and Pippin hoping her friends were okay.

Night...

The Uruks stop, Merry and Pippin are pushed to the ground.

Orc: We’re not going no further until we’ve had a breather.

Lead Uruk-hai: Get a fire going.

The orcs go into Fangorn Forest to get wood and they start chopping on trees. Pippin crawls over to Merry.

Pippin: Merry! Merry!

Merry: I think we might have made a mistake leaving the Shire, Pippin.

Groaning can be heard from the forest as the orcs chop the trees into logs with their axes.

Pippin:(concerned) What’s making that noise?

Merry:(looking at the forest in awe) It’s the trees.

Pippin: What?

Merry: You remember the Old Forest, on the borders of Buckland? Folks used to say

there was something in the water that made the trees grow tall and come alive.

Pippin: Alive?

Merry: Trees that could whisper, talk to each other, even move.

Uruk 1: I’m starvin’. We ain’t had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinking days.

Orc 1: Yeah! Why can’t we have some meat?! (Spotting Merry and Pippin he grins evilly) What about them? They’re fresh.