chapter 9: Grimas gone!

Start of recap...

A group of men starts to follow their steps with hostility. Calen looks skillfully behind her. "They are following us" she whispers quietly to the group.

Grima Whispers again to Theoden. "Hes not welcome." Theoden looks at Gandalf and in a demanding voice he asks "Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?" He Looks to Grima for affirmation. "A just question, my liege." He says and He walks towards Gandalf the snake eyes Calen as he notices who she is.

"Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear. Lathspell spell I name him. Ill news is an ill guest." He yells, Gandalf has had enough and yells back "Be silent! Keep your forked tongue behind you teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm!"

Calen smirks as always Gandalf is a badass old man. Calen grips her bow eyes angry. Gandalf then Raises his staff against Grima. "His staff!" Yells the worm as he Backs away from Gandalf while addressing the guards.

"I told you to take the wizards staff!" The hostile guards attack. Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli engage them in a fist-fight. While Calen trips over the guard with her bow, she runs around tripping and hitting them in the shins so they would fall over.

As they did this Gandalf continues to approach Theoden. Gamling tries to go forward but Hama holds him back.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

"Theoden, son of Thengel, too long have you sat in the shadows" Grima tries to crawl away unnoticed, but Gimli catches him and pins him to the floor. Gimli Growls at him. "I would stay still, if I were you." He said glaring at the rat.

Gandalf continues to approach Theoden "Hearken to me! I release you from the spell." Gandalf gestures with his hand

Suddenly he begins laughing Menacingly "Hahahhhahahahah!"  Gandalf opens his eyes in surprise. "You have no power here, Gandalf the Grey!" He exclaimed loudly.

Gandalf throws back his grey cloak, exuding blinding white light. Theoden is thrown back against his seat. "Argh!" Gandalf then Points his staff towards Theoden. "I will draw you, Saruman, as poison is drawn from a wound" said the old wizard.

Eowyn rushes in. Seeing her uncle threatened, she tries to go to him but is held back by Calen who she just recognised was there. "Hey Wyn" she said making Eowyn gasp.

She was surprised to see the Elf she then hugged Calen tightly. "Calen you're here!" She exclaimed happy to see her. "Yes I am and dint worry Gandalf will help your Uncle" she reassured her friend.

In Sarumans voice Theoden talks "If I go. . ." Theoden dies. Gandalf moves his staff sharply and Theoden flies back against the chair again. "You did not kill me, you will not kill him!" Yells the Wizard as Calen keep Eowyn away from her Uncle.

"Rohan is mine!" Yell Theoden in Sarumans voice.

"Be gone!!" Gandalf smites Theoden as he lunges at him. Theoden is thrown back into the chair and the shot changes to Saruman flying backwards from the Palanter which he used to manipulate Theoden.

He lands landing hard on the floor of Orthanc, bleeding from a gash in his forehead. In the hall, Theoden lets out a moan and slumps forward in the chair.

Eowyn runs to her uncles side as he falls. Theodens head rises again and his face begins to change gradually into that of a much younger-looking man. Clarity and recognition returns to his eyes.

The King Looks closely at Eowyn "I know your face. Eowyn, Eowyn." He crys recognising her. Eowyn weeps with joy.

"Gandalf?" Asks Theoden as he sees Gandalf. The white wizard smiled ar his friend. "Breathe the free air again, my friend" he said The hall is shown to be filled with light again, as everyone marvels at the rejuvenation of the king.

Theoden Stands up and looking around him. "Dark have been my dreams of late." He says, He looks down at his trembling hands. "Your fingers would remember their old strength better... if they grasped your sword" he said

Hama runs up with his sword. Theoden reaches for it with trembling hands. He wraps his fingers around it slowly and then draws it, gazing upon the shiny steel. In a corner, Grima trembles and tries to escape but is pulled back by Gimli. Suddenly, Theodens gaze turns to Grima.

Calen speaks up knowing what was going to happen. "Ooh!can I do it" she exclaims making everyone look at her. Theoden nods and she picks the worm up and Throws him out of the hall and down the stairs.

"Anddd Strike! Haha that was amazing!" She exclaims as she watches him fall down the stairs she has never liked Grima he always creeped he rout everything she came to Rohan.

Grima scrambles to his feet and pushes through the crowd "Get out of my way!"Yells the Rat as he ran. Calen celebrates her great throwing skill as Legolas rolls his eyes good naturally at his sister.

"Hail, Theoden king!" Yells Hama, The crowd kneels in homage before Theoden. Aragorn kneels also as well as Calen, Legolas and the others. Grima rides out of Edoras. As Theoden turns to go back into the hall.

Theoden stands at his Sons grave Calen walks over to him, he still hasn't recognised her yet I mean she has changed alot in the last couple of years.

She was good friends with Theodred they always used to train together. "It's a shame he died" she muttered making the King look at the Elf.

Theodens eyes widen "Calen?"He says confused before the Elf looks at him showing his her bright ocean blue eyes. "Hi" she said smiling at the King.

"Calen my dear you've grown" he said a smile on his face. "Yeah also I'm off age now" she exclaimed. She wa shappy to help him forget about why they were at the grave.

The two stayed there until Calen left to find her girlfriend Emily in the village.

To be continued...

Finally I finished writing this chapter so sorry fir the wait! I haven't had any motivation for thus book but here I am!

Word count: 1051