~It's Been So Long~ Rodrick Ayres

So a lot of people seem to love rodrick as much as I do so I decided to give you one shots of him as there are literally none out there

Your pov

a few years ago

"I have to go in a minute love" Rodrick said resting his forehead on mine. "Do you have to?" I asked pouting and he chuckled and nodded

"Gotta save the country" he said in a heroic voice which made us both laugh a little. "God I'm gonna miss you so much" he said hugging me tightly again and it last for a minute until someone came up to him and told him he had to go.

He looked at me and I shook my head starting to tear up "I love you and I'll be back before you know it" Rodrick said kissing me gently "I love you too" I said and smiled waving goodbye to him as he walked away from me.

present day

That was all memories now and I hadn't talked to him since. Caroline called me, telling me he had come back home but then said that he didn't want to see me anymore and my heart broke at that sentence.

You see, neither of us knew that I was pregnant when he left and when I found out I was so desperate to tell him but I didn't want him to get distracted.

I now have a small boy named Oliver and he's four years old. He hasn't met Rodrick and I'm planning on doing that today.

"Olly can you just put a shirt on please" I ask and he comes running up to me shirtless and puts his hands up so I can put it on him. "I don't wanna go out. I wanna play" he said sticking out his lower lip and I smiled at him "you can play later. Don't you wanna meet your daddy?" he nodded excited and ran out of the room to get his shoes.

I'd told him a lot about Rodrick of course. I grabbed his hand and strapped him into his seat and I sat down and started to drive.

~skip 10 minutes~

I rang the doorbell and looked down at Oliver. Suddenly the door opened and Caroline stood there. "y/n what are you doing here?" she asked hugging me tightly. She pulled back and smiled at me and then looked down "and who's this?" she asked "Oliver. Olly this is Auntie Caroline" Caroline frowned at me "surpriseeee!" I said sarcastically

"does he know?" "no of course not. I didn't want to distract him and then you said that he didn't want to see me anymore" I said sadly shrugging "well it wasn't that he didn't want to see you..." she said and I raised an eyebrow.

"just, come in" she said moving out of the way and I walked in holding Oliver's hand and she shut the front door. "I'll go see what he's doing" Caroline told us and I smiled and nodded.

Five minutes later she came back down the stairs. "today's not the best day" she said awkwardly and I rolled my eyes "look after him for a minute. I'm having a conversation with him" I said starting to walk up the stairs.

I found his room and walked in. Two men looked up and Rodrick tried looking away. "Rod?" I asked quietly walking closer to him as the other man walked out. "go away" "no. It's been nearly five years since we last saw each other. What the hell happened?" I asked him sitting down next to him.

He turned to look at me slowly and sighed. His face was all burnt "I got stuck in a crash, the fire burnt my skin..." I raised my hand to hold his cheek and rested my hand against it softly.

"I don't care what happened. It didn't mean you had to hide away from me" he sighed again and shrugged "I just-, i didn't want you to be disappointed and leave me when I came back" he said quietly and I laughed a little "you're stupid sometimes" I said and he smiled a little

"anyway I have a surprise" I said and winked at him and went downstairs to pick up Oliver. "you wanna see daddy now?" I asked him and he nodded excitedly. I took his hand and walked with him up to Rodricks room.

I opened the door slowly and Oliver ran in. I looked at Rodricks face and he was just sitting there with his mouth open and I laughed a little.

"W-what.." he said standing up "why didn't you tell me" "because I didn't want to distract you" I said sitting down and Oliver came and sat on my lap.

"Oliver this is your daddy" I said and Oliver looked at him and reached his arms out and made grabby hands at him.

"Y/n-" "Rodrick he's your son" I said letting Oliver crawl into his lap. Rodrick hesitated for a minute before hugging him and Oliver giggled and hugged him back.

"I can't believe it" Rodrick said as he watched Oliver play with his cars on the floor. I hummed and rested my head on his shoulder and smiled and closed my eyes. "I missed this" I said quietly and felt him kiss the top of my head. "me too love. Me too" he said smiling.