Yugto 13: It's fading [True colors?]

[KWON EUNBI'S POV]

Underline= whispering, mutters, low tone voice, voices from the transmitter or voices from a near distance.

"Please, give us a call when you arrived" I remind Yeonwoo, on our way to the parking lot. "Ne, eonnie. This may take a while, so please take care of them, and here" Yeonwoo said, handing me her notebook. "In case, they sleep talk. Just write it in there, eonnie, and please don't hesitate to find clues to my previous data. Take care!" she followed up, and bid us farewell. "No worries, we'll handle them with care" Yena shows her a thumb's up. Yeonwoo just plastered a smile before driving back to her home.

"She'll be fine, right?" Chaeyeon said while holding a broom. "What's with that weapon in your hands, Chae?" Hyewon wonders which the feather let out a giggle. "We're very busy lately, and we didn't notice how messy our place is. Look, many dry leaves in here" Chaeyeon said a fact, and starts sweeping out the dry leaves. "Pabo" Yena commented, when the wind blows that make the leaves scattered again. "Am I the only one who sees that?" Sakura said confused. "See what?" I ask her in the same tone. "The pattern that the leaves just did?" she told, still confused. "It pointed out in the direction of the woods" Hyewon supported Kkura's remarks. "Yeah, the woods" I mumble as I look at the pathway that leads to the said woods.

Fast Forward: [An hour later: After cleaning up the Asylum]

"Eonnie!" Yena called out, gesturing me to follow her. "What happened?" I ask, trailing her from behind. "The tattoos are fading," she informs, rushing towards my office. "Fading?" I repeated in a low tone. "Eonnie, I saw Nancy's finger move," Hyewon said, checking YN's vital signs. "YN shows a sign of movement too" Sakura said. "Her eyeballs look to the side" Chaeyeon followed up. "Is this the sign that they are gaining consciousness, eonnie?" Yena ask. "Let me take a look" I said, checking YN's eyes, and pointed a flashlight. "No reaction to the light" I simplified, somehow crushing Hyewon's hope. Poor her, and us.

She mentioned to me last time that she started missing everything in YN. Perhaps, her feelings started growing too for our favorite patient. "How about our members?" I changed the subject as I stared at Nancy's sleeping figure.

FLASHBACK

"Let's still try, Jewel" YN deadpan. "Stay at the edge and hold me tight, then I'll try to reach for her hand" she added, but Nancy disagree. "What?! No, YN. I can't hold on to two weights at once. I might lose you!" she gainsaid. "Jewel, there's a girl who needs our help, and she's alone down there. We're a team, so trust me," YN smiled at her in assurance.

The sun has already gone down, and the moon is slowly peeping up on the sky. It looks aesthetic up there, but it was frantic down here. "Give me your hand, Miss" YN said, trying to reach for the girl's hand. "YN, FASTER!?" Nancy shouted in frustration while holding on YN's wrist securely. "Help me, please!" the girl continued sobbing, holding on to YN's hand. "Hold on tight, Miss. Two hands please" YN struggle to talk as she finally feels the pressure. "Noona" then the toddler called me, and he is silently crying. "Why are you crying, handsome?" I whisper, then carries him in my arms. "Take the snow globe first" the girl said, and hold on to the branch again, then hands YN the item. "What? No. Give me your hand. We need to get out of here. It's already dark" YN said a fact, reaching for the girl's hand again, and about to drop the snow globe when--"No, please, no! Take that first. That's the only way to end the hunt," the girl said, nodding at YN in assurance.

"YN! What are you still doing down there?! Pull her up now, and stop chitchatting!" Nancy said, having a hard time holding the weights at once. "Just a little more, Jewel. Take this, hurry!" YN said, giving the snow globe to Nancy who immediately grab it, but then starts pulling YN up. "What the heck are you doing?!" YN panic. "Your hand is slipping, YN!" Nancy response while continuing in pulling her up. "Don't leave me!" the girl cried out, and hold on to YN's right foot, which terrified her.

"NANCY!" YN screamed in fearing of falling.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Eonnie? Are you okay?" Hyewon's voice pulled me out from spacing out. "Huh?" I irrationally said. "You've been looking at Nancy for a while" Sakura pointed out. I see. "Is there anything that bugging you, eonnie?" Chaeyeon worriedly ask. Honestly, I'm not yet sure about this, but maybe their opinions will help.

"Do you still remember the massive ghost hunt that happened few years ago?" I question them, while fixing YN's blanket. "Yeah, eonnie. It was a disaster, right?" Chaeyeon recalled. "A lot of participants are still missing up to these days" Hyewon added. "What about it, eonnie?" Sakura ask. "The both of them participated," I replied, which makes them surprise. "How did they survive?" Yena ask in disbelief. Yeah, I'm wondering about that too.

"Some of the participants that make it out alive from that event said that what happened in that hunt was a massive murder, and not really a ghost hunt," Hyewon said, a little confused. "Yeah, I can still remember what I did that day, eonnie. I was with Yujin and Wonyoung in the rooftop collecting our dried clothes, and we can practically hear some weird noises coming from the woods" Chaeyeon told, knitting her eyebrows. "I was with Yuri that time, were outside the Asylum and planned to sneak out in the woods to see what the hunt was all about, but to our horror, we saw a few girls wounded. We want to help them, but we're also afraid that whoever did that to them will come after us," Yena confessed, and this is the first time that we heard this from her.

"I can't remember it clearly anymore, but there this one participant that accidentally bumps to me and Nako when were collecting some dried twigs near the Asylum, and she seems lost, like she's not in herself, and she kept mumbling about snow globe, snow globe. She kept on repeating that" Sakura somehow remembered, while I'm in deep thoughts. "To be honest, I'm still wondering who's the organizer of that event because even up to now, no one knows who's that person is" I said as a matter of fact. "It happened near the Asylum though, did anyone ask permission about it to you, eonnie?" Hyewon ask me, and I just shake my head. "We didn't own the woods, though, so why would they bother to?" I replied, but with a question.

"But, how did these two survive, eonnie? Do you have any idea?" Sakura ask. "I don't know either, but Yeonwoo was the only one who didn't participate," I said what I only know. "Maybe we can ask her when she comes back" Yena suggested, which Chaeyeon agreed, so did Hyewon. "Do you think she'll tell us about that?" then I question them. At this point, my hunch is getting solid. Couple of questions are starting to fill in my mind, and I might know the answer already, or not yet, the progress is still in between. "What do you mean, eonnie?" they asked in sync. Should I tell them already? Hayst.

"Listen, the story behind Nancy's snow globe didn't match anything to what I witnessed in my dream" I stated, which Hyewon looks at me blankly, then she suddenly walks out the office. "What's up with her?" Yena wonders, and followed her quickly. "Hyewon is the type that can easily stitch things up" I said, while letting out a sigh. "Does that mean, she already knew what really happens?" Chaeyeon ask in worry, while glancing at YN.

"Looks like we unknowingly became the pawn of YN's game, huh?" Sakura catches up quickly, then roll her eyes. "We get well-played then" Chaeyeon scoffs, while greeting her teeth. "Let's give THEM the benefit of the doubt first because we're still not sure yet, and Yeonwoo seem clueless about these two true colors" I pointed out, on my way back to our dorm.

- TO BE CONTINUED -

🍊
Hi Orenjjies. Are you still here? I miss y'all. Sorry for the late update. I'll try me best to update once in a week, hope y'all understand. 😘

Feel free to DM me if you have any suggestions.

SR_96
Will do my best to make my story BETTER.