The Wilds Part 2

"You will be brought forth to this world. You may find yourself overwhelmed in this, but be steadfast. Grow forever, never yield. There will be times where you will become unfocused, lost. Simply stop, and listen. When you open your eyes your path will be clear. Grow forever, never yield."

Acrobatics (Active) Lvl 1: 0.00%

The ability to maneuver yourself with agility and precision in the space around you. This skill allows you to dodge, climb, jump around your environment, as well as cling to any holds you can find.

SP Cost: 15

Duration: 1 minute

30% Bonus to Dexterity.

The Observation skill has increased by 1.

Your Endurance has increased by 1.

He sighed, waving a hand as the screens dissipated. Ever since he could remember, he had been seeing these screens appear. From what he could understand, they simply served to represent his own abilities in a quantifiable manner. He never considered why this was the case, or even bothered to question this ability of his. He knew of no one else with this ability.

For he knew no one else at all.

Enix wondered if he would ever encounter anyone again. His only memories were of wandering the forest, and anything before that was... foggy.

His thoughts were interrupted by Ingot, who had trotted up and peered down at Enix. The boy sat up and his friend leaned its head on his lap.

"Glad you're okay little guy. Had me worried at first, but you can take a hit huh?" Enix tapped the domed head before standing up and observing his surroundings.

The trees seemed to be a whole different shade compared to the trees above, more vibrant in their color and poses. He walked over small streams crossing around, heading towards the looming ruins in the distance. By the time the trees had cleared and he had reached the first of the pillars the sun had already reached its zenith in its path.

The ruins were of a hexagonal design, the once sanctuary now ancient, moss and vine ridden. Before it lay a run down path of columns and statues. The columns were cracked, broken and leaning from the pressure of time. The statues themselves appeared to be of various warriors, clerics and rogues.

As he walked past the gates another screen appeared before him.

You have been afflicted with the 'Forced Duel' effect. You cannot leave the combat zone.

Enix froze, eyes darting around him, but he saw nothing wrong. Not a single creature moved in this place.

Then he heard a strange sound. A deep, grating, reverberating through the clearing. He looked-

-and saw the statues beginning to mov

"Uhh Ingot?" The small thing moved close to him as the statues seemed to come alive. Though slow moving, they were massive, hulking and intimidating. Enix used his observation skill to see if he could gain anything.

Unwilling Protectors

LVL: 20

Guardian Statues

HP: 248

STR: 26

DEX: 6
END: 28

VIT: 18

WIS: 9

INT: 6

CHA: 0

Weaknesses: ???

Enix moved to his stone shortsword, but thought against it. These things appeared dangerous, but only if he got into their range. He would have to be smart.

"Ingot, stay close." Enix tried backing away, but found the last step needed to pass underneath the stone pillars marking the entrance impossible, like a barrier trapping him in.

As the statues began to move in closer, two of them wound up, preparing an attack. Enix jumped to the side, dodging one, but unable to prevent the other, seeing a stone hammer fall, only to be blocked by Ingot's body as it stepped forward to block the hit. Enix observed the little thing, but found the attack had barely affected it.

Enix dashed forward, smacking the statue, but as he expected, it didn't appear to be affected, but it certainly got his attention. It stopped for a second, lowering its arms and tilting its head at him.

"Sorry." Enix said, backing up.

Congratulations! Through repeated action, you have unlocked a new skill: 'Strike'.

"Really?!" Enix exclaimed, exasperated, not seeing the statue rear a stone axe, swinging it and connecting with the boy's side and sending him flying backwards.

Warning, excessive damage has been taken. 'Pain Nullification' has been activated.

Your Endurance has increased by 1.

Sure enough, Enix was on the ground in an instant, two thirds of his health gone. As he moved to get up, he noticed something odd about the mossy ground below him. It felt... odd. He was going to investigate more but he heard the sound of moving stone approaching. Springing back up he backed away from another attack

Enix sidestepped the statues, Ingot right behind him as the rest of the statues moved in. Enix paused, noticing something strange, and observed another statue:

Unwilling Protectors

LVL: 20

Guardian Statues

HP: 248

STR: 26

DEX: 6
END: 28

VIT: 18

WIS: 16

INT: 20

CHA: 0

This one seemed to have increased stats different to the others. It's appearance was that of a robed priest, with a wicked looking stone mace raised over its head. They all moved slowly, as if their very material made it difficult to move. One statue, resembling an armored woman, seemed to have its hand outstretched towards him.

It was only then Enix realized a vital detail.

He was being surrounded.

As he turned, he saw them all in a circle, slowly approaching him. One particularly massive one hunched itself over, before launching itself into the air. Thankfully Enix rolled away just in time as it landed just where he had been-

-only for the floor beneath him to groan and dip. Enix paused, along with the statues, only having time to turn to his metal friend. Before he could even act, the floor gave way, moss and rotten wood falling with Enix and Ingot. Without thinking, the boy reached out and grabbed his small metallic friend, aiming to shelter him from the fall, not knowing whether Ingot could have taken such a fall.

However, before he could alter his descent, he met with the ground below.

Player Stats:

Wayfarer

Enix

Class: Wanderer

Level 2: 0.35%

HP: 105

MP: 55

SP: 55

STR: 10

DEX: 10

END: 12

VIT: 10

WIS: 10

INT: 10

CHA: 10

LUC: 10

POINTS: 5

MONEY: