9.

Words: 840
Warnings: intrusive thoughts, gn!reader, bad grammar😭

———

"You know you can't fall in love with them, right?" 'well no shit sherlock'.
"Yes, I do know that. But thank you for reminding me" the boy said in a sarcastic tone. "Yeah sure, and you said that the last time too." Michael lowered his head,, as if maybe he knew he was lying to himself once again.

"Just.. don't be annoying and leave me alone Ennard." the clown mask let out a glitched laugh "Looks like the oldest Afton is scared of his own father!" now that was enough. Micheal was tired of his bullshit.
He gritted his teeth "Don't. Don't speak about him." the boy looked at the metal pile with a murderous look.

Ennard growled "You're no fun." and he then disappeared in the vents again.

Moments of silence passed. Michael's head was full of undesired memories. "Shut up. Shut up." he whispered to his own thoughts.
"What a fun way to ruin someone's day."

Fortunately his thinking mind was interrupted by his phone's ringtone. He quickly took it in his hands and a name showed up on the screen 'Jer is calling you'.
"Hey Jer, don't be mad on Y/N but-" Jeremy was quick to interrupt him "Ah don't worry Mike, they called me saying what happened. I won't tell Henry a word but you have to do their job this time."

Michael sighed in relief "Yeah sure, I don't have anything better to do so.." he trailed off.
"Great! See you and thanks again." Mike said a quiet goodbye and went to finish what he had to do.

———

While all of that happened, you made it safely to you small apartment and went directly in the kitchen after taking your shoes and jacket off.
"I'm so hungry.." and your stomach agreed.
To be honest, there wasn't anything special in the refrigerator so you decided to go with a classic: milk and cereals.

You took a bowl and a spoon, put the cereals and the milk. You were too lazy to warm it up so you just ate it cold and it was still good.
As you were eating you were scrolling through social media as if that's the only thing you know to do.

But suddenly your scrolling was interrupted by your overthinking 'I wonder what was that thud..'
"A squirrel? I doubt it. A thief? What would they steal? An ice cream machine?" you chuckled to yourself.

"A ghost..?" a strange silent moment passed "probably." you said laughing at your own 'joke'.
"I just hope Micheal is fine,," yes. You were worried about him, but who can blame you? Anyone would be worried in a moment like that.
"I just wish I could contact him to know if he's well.." you mumbled to yourself.

In that right moment a message appeared from Jeremy; "Hey, I forgot to give you Michael's number ^^" XXX-XXX-XXXX" you let out a small giggle, "Speak of the devil." You thanked him and added Michael's contact.

You wrote a quick message and sent it "Hey Mike it's Y/N, Jeremy gave me your number. Just wanted to know if everything is alright :)" You thought Michael was a good guy so it would be unfortunate if something happened to him.

———

Michael just finished doing "his" job and checked the phone "A message from an unknown number?" and as he opened he sensed a weird feeling in his stomach. That was one of the rare times someone was worried about him and he felt.. happy.

"Oh yeah, everything is fine don't worry :>" Why did he felt this way? It was the same feeling. The feeling that he wanted to forget,,
Everything was so confusing and tiring that the poor boy had to hold his head in his hands. "What am I doing?" that question taunts him.

He doesn't know what he's doing. He just wanted to know the truth but sometimes it's just too much.
What was wrong with his father? Why did he have to live in this hell? Why did he do it?
"I'm so tired of this. Can't I just go home?" Ah yes. Home.
He has a home for sure, but it doesn't feel like it. It doesn't feel like he could be safe in it. At least that's what he thinks.

"I should hurry up, I don't want to pass out on the street again." he mumbled.

Some time passed and the boy nearly arrived,, still his mind was once again going crazy with questions he can't answer. He had to think at something positive. Something that can calm him down so that his thoughts can just shut up even only for a second.
"Come on. Think idiot." It took some time but he finally found it.

A positive thing. A person. A voice.
He opened his phone just to read again that message.
"Just wanted to know if everything is alright." And a small smile appeared on his exhausted face.
He knew he couldn't, yet that was the only way to silence the voices.

———

yes. i've come to the conclusion that i have and i want to finish this story because i don't like to keep things unfinished☹️
and of course i don't want to disappoint y'all, but i hope you enjoyed this chapter!