𝐢𝐱. platonic date

"this most assuredly counts. she says most assuredly."

۵

"wanna go on a date, zayn?" was the question that made me go wide-eyed and spit out my coffee.

a date? is this a joke? is harry really asking me out?

"a date? what do you mean by that?" i questioned because i needed to know if i was right with my assumption.

"there's no need to get so serious about it, zayn! just asking about going out for dinner, that's all. this isn't me trying to ask you out, don't worry." he joked.

"w-well then, yeah sure. we can go out for dinner." i answered, stuttering over my words.

"so it's a date?"

"thought it wasn't?" i asked sarcastically and gave him a look.

he rolled his eyes. "well then, a platonic date."

-

we arrived at the restaurant he picked out, it was beautiful to say the least. if i didn't know any better, i'd assume this was a real date.

"do you like this place?" harry questioned nervously.

"well i don't know, harry. i've never been here, but it looks fancy."

"i'm glad you like it, i wanted to go somewhere nice." he told me before sitting down and me doing the same.

i looked around and noticed that nearly every single person here looked as if they were on a date. expect for one table that had a family seated at it.

"seems like everyone here is on a date, pretty strange of you to pick this restaurant for our 'platonic' date."

he coughed and looked down. "well, um, i just heard they have good food here." he quickly stated.

i hummed and started to look at the menu.

-

eventually, our "platonic date" was over and we headed home. when we walked inside he grabbed my hand and headed towards the backyard.

"come on, zayn. i have something to show you."