Prologue ✦ I

With a gasp, you awaken to darkness engulfing your surroundings once again. You shift around slightly to try to orientate yourself and feel padded fabric beneath your fingers and skin. At least you weren't falling to your death anymore and actually had something solid. Still, you had no clue where you were now.

Raising a fist in the limited space you had, you knocked on the sides of the thing trapping you, but no sound emits due to the fabric. You huff in frustration and decide to try your luck with speaking, "Hello? Anyone there?" The silence was the only one to answer.

Your frustration was already about to boil over from all your misfortunes, so being stuck in an unknown container was the last straw. Tears began to sting your eyes as you bit the inside of your cheek to stop them from overflowing— until you heard a voice.

"Crap! People are coming!" Despite it being muffled, you could attain that it is a masculine and somewhat squeaky voice, "I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots..." You couldn't hear them finish the sentence, but it left you with a few questions:

Uniform? Why do they need one? And why are they freaking out over people coming? Wait, unless they're completely nude, which is not good for either of you if you manage to escape what's entrapping you.

You couldn't ponder anymore when you heard the voice make sounds of strain before speaking despairingly, "The lid is too heavy!"

Why are they talking to themselves this much? Anyway, they sound much closer than before. Does this mean they're trying to open whatever your in?

"Time for..." You patiently waited with bated breath at what they would say next, "My secret move!" However, it just left you once again confused. That was until azure flames sprouted from around you, and you're left with horrible memories of that encounter with that giant beast.

"Oh, come on! Again?!" You screech as you try your best to stay out of reach of the flickering flames.

The lid containing you pops off, and you scramble out as fast as your shaken body can manage and land on the floor with a thud. This action causes a scream to pierce your ears, and you whip your head to finally see the owner of that falsetto voice.

A short, feline-like creature covered in dark gray fur with a tuft of white stares at you with familiar blue irises. A ribbon embellished with stripes is tied around its neck, and a pitchforked tail stands straight up in surprise. Despite it being much, much smaller than the beast you encountered, the inside of its ears was home to azure flames that only made you speculate this tiny thing was the beast's spawn.

"You ain't supposed to be awake!" The little beast exclaims in palpable shock.

"How do you expect someone not to wake up when their surroundings are on fire!?" Close to having a break down at the possibility this beast had a big mama around, you slowly shuffle away from it, not having the strength to stand quite yet. Maybe grabbing that mirror's hand was a poor choice...

As the feline processed everything, you subtly glanced around the room you were in for an escape. The things you spotted were those eerie floating coffins again, and that seeming miracle mirror in the depths of that pit. However, none of those were important when you spotted a door that could be your potential escape.

"Well, whatever. Hey, human!" Your attention is entirely on the hellspawn at its call, "Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it! Otherwise..." It pauses for a dramatic flair, at least you assume, "I'll roast ya!" The feline-like beast inhales briefly before exhaling out flames like a flamethrower around you two. It certainly was a great threat if your trembling figure had anything to say about it.