Prologue ✦ II-III

Leading you through multiple long or winding halls, Headmaster Crowley goes at a brisk pace which begins to be hard for you to keep up due to your legs being sore from all the running you had to do earlier. You sometimes glance behind you at Ace and Epel, who are either whispering about something or silent due to the headmaster's presence.

Eventually, you reach the double doors you so ungracefully barged open during the Grim fiasco. Muffled words slip past the looming gateway and echo across the walls:

"By the way, did the headmaster find that new student yet? He flew out during the middle of the ceremony to catch him..."

"Some headmage he is..."

"Maybe he got a stomachache while searching for him?"

Did two of the voices refer to you as him? First, it was Ace and now these guys.

The headmaster seemed livid at their accusations as his footfalls got faster and landed harder. He stomped up to the doors and pushed them open, and caused a bang to echo, "I most certainly did not!"

You nervously pull up your robe's hood and tug it around your head anxiously. You are already pretty embarrassed with being the talk of the town for running away and weren't ready to be inspected by all those students.

"Ah, he's here." Wait, that voice was rather familiar. Didn't it belong to that dorm leader you and the boys were hiding from earlier?

"I can't believe you all!" Crowley seethes before shaking his head, "I found the runaway student and two others who were escorting him to the infirmary." He gestures to you, Ace, and Epel before commanding the two boys to return to their dorm section. Also, now the headmaster was referring to you as he? You had a lot to clear up.

You watch Ace stroll to his place with a short figure glaring at him at the head of the group. Strands of red hair peeked out from the hood from what you could see at this distance. You were sort of amazed at how many redheads you saw today, even if it was just two.

Next, Epel stiffly crosses over to his side of the room. At the head of this group, a blond with the tips of his tresses dyed a lovely purple shade was giving him a look that you couldn't discern at the distance you were at. You just hoped it was nothing bad for the blue-eyed boy.

Once the two boys made it over to their sections, the headmaster turns to you, "You are the only one yet to be assigned a dormitory. Step up to the Dark Mirror, I shall watch over the raccoon," cue Grim once again trashing in his bind while creating stifled sounds of anger, "step in front of the Dark Mirror."

"Ah, alright." You nod and make your way to the (assumed) Dark Mirror placed in the center of the room, not daring to look around in case you meet eyes with someone. 

However, your ears perk up at the sound of gossiping students:

"What dorm do you think he'll be placed in?"

"I got a glimpse of him! He's a pretty boy, so Piomefiore for sure!"

"Just because he's pretty doesn't mean he'll be placed in Piomefiore."

"I mistook them for a girl at first..."

"Maybe he'll get sorted into Savanaclaw. After all, did you see how fast he ran when he interrupted the ceremony and ran away?"

"He doesn't really look like the type for Savanaclaw, though."

They seem to all think you were male for some reason, and now that you think about it, all the voices you heard have been masculine or boyish. This couldn't be an all-boys school, could it...? It would make sense why they all assumed you were a he.