Night shift - rosaria

"Good night dear I'm heading out to work now should be back around seven in the morning "
Your wife rosaria shouts it was almost two in the morning and while you had gotten used to your dear wife's strange sleep schedule you wished she would stay for at least one night a month.

"Ah wait one minute"
You call out rushing over to the front door

"Are you sure you can't stay just for Tonight"
You ask her holding her hand in yours doing your best puppy dog eyes, as expected rosaria was unmoved

"No I've got work to do I'll see you in the morning"
Rosaria was always so blunt you thought to yourself she couldn't even at least throw in a sorry?
So you were left with but one option guilt trip her into staying, probably toxic behaviour but it was just this once.

"Please dear I get so lonely when your not here"

"Your only sleeping how lonely can you get"
She asks laughs

"Yeah but my beds cold with out you next to me you wouldn't want your poor dear frail wife to freeze now would you"
You say as dramatically as you could possibly muster

"Stop being dumb I'll come home earlier today alright"
Rosaria laughs giving you a kiss on the cheek before walking out.
So despite your best efforts you were once again left alone for Tonight.

You flop onto your bed and close your eyes hoping you'd fall asleep but as you turn to see only a few minutes had passed you gave up and decided to try something to tire yourself out.
You read a book, watched tv, scrolled through your phone you even briefly gave knitting a try, yet as the hours passed by it felt like you were getting less tired and more bored.

Just as you were starting to give up on your tiring plan your heard the front door open softly and quiet footsteps coming towards your bedroom.

"Y/n? Your still up it nearly sunrise what are you doing?"
Rosaria asked shocked at your all nighter

"I told you I couldn't sleep without you next to me"
You laugh even if it wasn't the cause of your sudden insomnia it might persuade her to get an earlier shift right?

Rosaria smiles before getting into bed with you and your knitting disaster

"Alright come here"
She says in defeat with out hesitation you crawl into her arms, she pulls the covers over you both

"Now go to bed idiot"
She whispers groggily

You smile at her slight mean but still affectionate words, finally the sound of her heart beat and the warmth of her hug puts you both to sleep.