ep. 20 : our night out

8:07 p.m.

(Y/n) opens her door slightly to find Morty anxiously waiting outside.

"What's up," she says shortly.

"Well I thought we could go see that movie we planned on tonight," Morty asks.

(Y/n) straightens her postures intrigued. "Oh yeah sure Morty. What time does it start?"

"It starts at nine thirty. So we should leave here by nine to make it in time."

"Okay, and um if you don't mind me asking what movie did you pick?"

"I-it's romantic. A romantic one- um I just figured that with all of the action in our, you know, real lives this could be a break...We can see something else if you want?"

"No no, romance is fine. I'll see you at nine."
(Y/n) gives morty a small smile before shutting the door.

"Why are you going out with morty?" Rick says with his arms crossed from the corner of her room.

"Give me a break Rick, we're just going as friends."

"(Y/n), you're the only one who thinks tonight is just some friendly movie night. I mean have I thought him nothing?! Hasn't traveling the universe with me proved that getting hung up on a girl is a waste of his time."

"Two girls actually," (Y/n) adds.

"Oh shit right. God, the poor bastard can't help himself."

"Anyways... let's stop talking about Morty..." (Y/n) says. She walks over to her bed, and sits on it with her arms extended behind her.

"When are we going to go out again?" She whined. "It's been so boring not getting drunk with you and destroying shit. I'm bored Rick!"

"Hey, my schedule is free every fucking day for you, but shouldn't you be paying attention to school. If your grades start dropping again and Beth finds out it's because your with me we're both screwed."

(Y/n) sits up, shrugging, placing her hands between her legs. "I thought you said that school was point less."

"And I stand by that, however, the year is almost over. Get passing grades then dip. And after that we can get drunk wherever, and whenever we want."

"Fine," (Y/n) says rolling her eyes. "Not like I wasn't already planning on doing that anyways. Thanks Rick."

"No problemo. I'm going to the garage." Rick makes his way to the door and turns around with his hand on the knob. "Oh yeah make sure you don't kiss Morty again."

"Don't worry, I promise to save that kiss for you." She walks up to him and pats his back.

Rick rolls his eyes at her comment and exits her room.

-

Morty turns around to find (Y/n) dressed casually with a corduroy bag around her body.

"You ready?" She askes him.

Morty nods, opening the front door so they could leave.

- Outside the theater -

(Y/n) looks up at the bright neon sign showcasing the name of the theatre. Her eyes focus on the very cliche and only romance movie listed: Our love comes first...the sequel 

She turns over to Morty who is buying the tickets. Together they walk inside, morty holding the door open for (y/n), and head over to order some popcorn and candy.