Fade to Black

(After the fight with Y/N and Yami, the exam continued with some examines winning or losing. But, now it was Yuno's turn to fight. He looked unworried as he was confident that he was going to win.)

(Stop at 1:00)

Y/N: Yeah, Yuno! (Runs over and puts arm over his shoulder.) 

Yuno: (Chuckles)

(Time-Skip)

(The sun had began to set as the final test ended, everyone stood infront of the Knight Captains as they got ready for the selection.)

William: That concludes the exam. When your number is called, please step forwards to learn your results.

Charlotte: "If a captain wants you on his or her squad they will raise their hand, that means you're in, if you do not wish to join a squad you may decline, if more than one hand is raised it is up to you to pick which squad to join."

Fuegoleon: "However! If no squad wants you, you will not be a magic knight!

Nozel: "In which case you must leave at once.

(A mass of tesnity arose in the arena as the selection quickly began. In the beginning, no hands were raised until it reached number 71, picked by the Purple Orcas. Next was 78 for the Crimson Lion Kings. After that, time quickly passed with little offers, until it was Yuno's turn. His number was called as soon after he stepped forwards, the hands of every single Magic Knight Captain was raised. Obviously the boy chose the best squad, possible being the second and only person in the Exams to join the Golden Dawn. After that, it was Asta's turn.)

Exam Wizard: "Next! Number 1124!

(The exam wizard said as Y/N pat Asta in the back, pushing him forwards with a smile on his face.)

Y/N (Thoughts:) Good luck Asta! Not like he needs it. I mean, having magic knight who can cut through magic can really help on missions.

(Asta then walked forwards, and waited for one of the captains to raise their hands... only for none to be raised... Y/N was somewhat shocked by this, thinking to himself that if Asta got picked... that he definitely had a chance, but now that the white haired boy stood there with nobody raising their hands... Y/N's seemingly everlasting optimism was slowly fading, that same hope was also fading inside of Asta, as he stood there gripping his fist in saddened rage, until...)

Yami: "It's not a big surprise is it?

Yami: "No matter how great your skill in battle might be nobody will touch a power that mysterious, these guys aren't very fond of the unknown. It boils down to this, what the Captains are looking for is Magic Power, that's simple."

(Suddenly Yami began unleashing his magic aura, causing a massive rumble and pressure that shook the whole arena. The captain then jumped down from the stands and approached Asta with a sinister glare in his eyes.)

Yami: What would anyone ever want with you? A kid with zero magic? You might aswell face the facts, what did you say before? That you wanted to become Wizard King? You know what that means right? That you're gonna have to prove that you're better than all 9 Magic Knight Captains. And now standing here magicless and pathetic, can you really say you have what it takes? That you're strong enough to be the Wizard King?

(Yami asked Asta, causing him to tremble at Yami's overbearing magic that pressured the magicless boy, he gripped his fist and tried to speak... but no words would come out of his mouth. The boy tried his best... but something deep deep down was holding him back.)