The Friction in your Jeans is Me

Omg why did everyone feel so sad bc of last chapter I didn't mean to. Here *boop*

Also maybe I should have named it... 'sleeping with sirens'
AHAHHAHAHA I'M SO FUNNY

Anyway back to classics. Joyriding!Frank / teenagers!Gerard but it's an office AU huehuehue. Also Frank is an oblivious dumbass

______

Frank's POV :

I toyed with my pen, spinning it in my hand thoughtfully. The upside of working in an office and having a nice position was that people didn't check if you were daydreaming. Of course, you still had to be efficient.

A knock on my door snapped me out of it.
"Come in!"

Leopold, the big boss around here, entered with some other guy behind him. I immediately stood up and shook my boss' hand respectfully, although I didn't particularly appreciate him. He made me think of Patrick Bateman.

"Frank, hi. Just swinging by to introduce my new secretary to the staff." My boss said. "C'mon, don't be shy," he gently told the man behind him.

"Hi," a fairly tall man waved at me. The sight of him blinded me. He was absolutely gorgeous : round face, small upturned nose, thin lips, big doe eyes. Amazing.

He made me wonder for a second how a single person could look both adorably chubby and yet somewhat slim. Mature yet still innocent. Naughty but pure all the same. Mischievous yet completely clueless. He was something else.

"I'm Gerard. Gee, if you prefer." The man smiled politely. He held his hand at me.

"Hi," I shook his hand smiling, avoiding an awkward stutter.

"What's your name?"

The second our skins touched, I imagined that I would : go on a walk with him, then ask him out, then take him to the cinema, then take him around the country, then take him - just... take him - then move in with him, then ask him to marry me, then ask him to adopt two dogs, then ask him to adopt two kids. He'd ask me how we'd call them and I'd answer,

"Peter and Emily," I mumbled.

Gerard withdrew his hand and tilted his head. "I beg your pardon?"

"Um, F-Frank Iero. Frank Iero. That's what I meant. That's my name."

"Gee, could you get the two of us some coffee, please?" Leopold asked, interrupting the perceptively awkward conversation. He seemed quite relaxed at the moment; generally he was quite the aggressive, unsensitive guy. Your typical psychopatic banker.

Gerard nodded. "Do you always take it black, Sir?"

"Yes please." Leopold nodded and grinned at him. Gerard's endearing aura didn't only have an effect on me, it seemed.

Gerard turned to me and it took me a few seconds to understand that he was waiting for my order. I didn't have a secretary despite my position, and I wasn't used to being served.

"Oh, a latte, please." I said. Gerard nodded and left.

Leopold sat on the edge of my desk. "By the way, Frank, how is the contract with the Japanese? Making progress, I hope. That's an excellent investment here; we can't let these idiots in California get the contract."

"We've started negociating. We're doing the best we can, and I personally think we will get it signed." I said.

"I'm not asking for insights, I'm asking for results. Get it signed by the end of the month."