Chapter 14

Allison's POV

Still confused, I allowed my wolf to call out to Jayden so I could tell him what happened.

Almost immediately, Jayden arrives. He sniffs the air and looks just as confused as I feel. "You're supposed to be in heat," he says, stating the obvious. I roll my eyes. "I know," I say. "Why aren't you?" He asks. "I don't know," I tell him.

"Come with me. I know someone who might," Jayden says, and I follow him out of the room.

We walk to a house near his pack house, and Jayden knocks on the door. I hear a bit of shuffling around, and a shirtless Chase opens the door. "Jayden? Crazy Girl? What are you guys doing here?" He questions, and I roll my eyes at my new nickname.

Before Chase can answer my question, a girl, who is wearing only an oversized shirt that most likely belongs to Chase appears from behind him and Chase brings her into his chest, keeping her face hidden from us.

I roll my eyes again, realizing what had happened before we came. It didn't take a genius to figure it out. "Where's your grandfather?" Jayden asks Chase, and Chase shrugs. "I don't know. Am I supposed to keep track of that cuckoo old man?" He asks, and I bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"Oh, this is my mate. I met her recently, actually," he says, spinning her around. I gasp. "Quinn?" I ask, looking at her. She gives me a weak smile. "You guys know each other?" Chase asks,a and we both nod. "We're friends. She was in my old pack," I tell him.

"Okay, enough with this reunion crap," Jayden yells. "Where is that crazy old man?"

"Right here," a voice says from behind us, and I jump back. "What do you need, Alpha?"

"George, how many times do I have to tell you? Call me Jayden," Jayden says, grinning at the old man. George smirks. "What do you need, ALPHA?" He asks, and Jayden rolls his eyes.

"First off, this is my mate, Ally. Ally, this is Chase's grandpa, George. Say hi, George," Jayden says, and George's attention turns to me. "Hi," I say, and George smiles. "It's nice to meet you," he says, and pulls me in for a hug.

Jayden growls, warning George that I was 'his.' I roll my eyes. "Shut up, Jayden," I say, and he narrows his eyes at me, but listens. George laughs. "Finally, someone to put him in his place," he exclaims dramatically, and I laugh.

"Okay, back to the matter at hand," Jayden says. "Ally was in heat not so long ago. But it only lasted 3 hours. Any ideas, George?" George turns serious. "I have one. But I need to make sure it's correct before I jump to conclusions," he says, and then disappears. Literally.

I stare, mouth open, at the spot where he just was. Jayden shakes his head. Chase notices my expression and smirks. "Nobody even knows," he says, referring to George disappearing. "He's a weird one," Jayden adds.
----------------------------------------
Quinn's POV (How she met Chase)

Jake stopped the car. "Get out," he says, and confused, I listen to him. I look around. We were in a beautiful clearing, and I smile at the sight.

Jake gets out of the car too, with a picnic basket and blanket in his hands. He sets it up, and we start eating. When we're done, he pulls me in for a kiss. Right before his lips make contact with mine, I smell something delicious, like cinnamon.

"Jake must've gotten my favorite, apple pie with cinnamon on top!" I think. I smile and kiss him. But as soon as we do, a black wolf comes barreling into Jake, pushing him to the side. I scream. The wolf starts tearing into Jake, and I throw myself in front of him. Jake pushes me to the side.

I frown at him, freaked out and confused. "I love you, Quinn," he says. "Now, run!" I hesitate, but do so anyway, knowing Jake only has a few seconds to live. The wolf keeps tearing into him, and I look back for a second, only to regret it.

The wolf was already looking at me, and we make eye contact. "Mate," my wolf whispers.

The wolf ditches Jake and starts to run after me, so I run as fast as I can, trying to get away. It tackles me to the ground, and I start crying. I feel the wolf shift back, and look up through my tears.

"Don't cry," the blonde haired- green eyed man says, but I don't listen. "Please," he whispers, and I stop from how hurt his voice sounds.

"I'm Chase," he says. "Beta of the Everest pack." My eyes widen. Our rivals!

I quickly push him off me and try to run, but Chase recovers fast and pulls me down again. He looks at me angrily, and turns me around. "You tried to run. And, let's not forget you were kissing that disgusting human," he spits out, and I start crying again at the mention of Jake.

This time, he ignores my tears and bites into my neck, marking me as his.

A/N: Allison, Jayden, and *tear* Cole in media box. -Haleigh <3