Chapter 26

Jayden's POV
"Jayden!" I hear someone yell. They pull the covers of the bed off my body, and I groan.

"Go away," I reply, putting the pillow over my head.

"We found the rogues' scent!" The same person yells, and I shoot up, throwing the pillow across the room.

"Who is it? Where are they? Where is Allison?!" I yell.

"Chase says you're not going to like this," the person, who turns out to be Max, says.

"Who is it?" I growl, my eyes flashing black from trying to prevent Zander from coming out.

"Uh-Calder, sir," Max says.

My face goes pale for a second, but then it darkens with rage. "Calder Kingston? Alpha Calder Kingston?" I ask.

Max nods, and I growl. "Where is that punk? And where is Ally?" I ask.

"The old Fennel Woods pack territory is where we tracked them to," Max says. "But if you want to catch them, I'd better hurry. They'll probably be on the move right now if they're anything like normal rogues."

I shake my head. "We're not going," I say. "He wants us to come to him, so we're going to stay right here and prepare for war. Part 2."

"Alpha!" Another voice shouts, barging into my bedroom like I wasn't the Alpha who could order them to death.

"Alpha, guess who we found on the edge of pack territory?" Zaylee, Chase's sister and his mate asks.

"Who?" Max dumbly asks.

"Allison," I mutter.

"Alli-yeah," Zaylee says. "What do you want us to do with her?"

"Throw her in the dungeons for questioning," I say, and Zaylee gasps before leaving the room with Max.

"What is that sorry excuse for an alpha up to?" I ask myself, collapsing back on the bed.

Allison's POV
"See ya soon!" Zach and Diego yell as I walk away to Jayden's pack territory with absolutely no plan at all.

I had the same clothes I wore when I was kidnapped on, and 'dirt' a.k.a. makeup, on my face to play a convincing role of poor Luna who was kidnapped, but I can't help but ask myself if I wanted to play this role.

I could play another role too. Jayden's mate. I could be loved, or I could be free. And I don't know which one I'm longing for most.

When I arrive at his pack, I take one step on the territory, take a deep breath, and collapse on the ground.

I hear footsteps, and flutter my eyes open to see Zaylee. "Zaylee," I croak. "I-I escaped." And then to finish it off, I 'black out from exhaustion' using Zach's immediate sleep pills. It turns out he was kind of a genius. Who would've thought, right?