Chapter 22

Allison's POV
I smelled the stench of blood before I heard the cries of death.

My father and I exchanged a look, both knowing what was going on right now.

"I have to go help," he says, standing up.

"I'm coming too," I say, also standing up.

"No, it's too unsafe. Ally, Riley, Quinn, stay behind," he says, and I give him a look.

"I'm coming," I say. "I need to help. This war is my fault anyway."

"Please, stay here. I thought I lost you many years ago and I just found out you're alive. I can't bear losing you, Allison, and I don't think anyone else can either," my dad says.

"But I can stop this war right now," I say.

"No, Allison. I'm sorry to have to do this, but STAY HERE!" He commands in his Alpha voice.

I was a very powerful wolf, but my inner wolf recognized that Matteo was even more powerful than her and listened to him.

"Dad!" I yell, hurt, as he walks away. He was underestimating my wolf, fighting skills, and I, and I didn't like it.

Without another word, he leaves the room and goes out into the fight.

I hear a deafening, power-filled roar that only my father can make, and suddenly all goes silent.

Unable to move, I try to listen in, but fail. Either I'm too far away, or nobody's speaking or fighting. It's most likely the first one.

The door flies open, and Jayden, or I guess Zander, stands in the doorway, eyes pitch black and shaking with anger.

"Allison, come here!" He orders, and I suppress the urge to roll my eyes.

"I can't. I'm under Alpha commands to stay," I say, and the anger shakes become more rapid.

"There is no Alpha command," he says.

"But Matteo-," I begin.

"Try to move," Jayden/Zander says.

I do so, and find that I can without restrictions. The Alpha command is gone.

My eyes widen. "He's not...is he?" I ask.

Jayden's eyes go back to normal, and my shoulders relax, knowing Zander is gone. He kind of freaks me out.

"No," Jayden says. "But he is badly injured."

"What about Will?" I ask, biting my lip.

His eyes darken, and Zander is back.

"Don't ask about him!" He yells. "He's not your mate!"

"Yeah, but he is my friend!" I yell back, and the anger shakes return.

"I know what you were planning to do," Zander says angrily, changing the subject.

"I know you were going to get your mark removed and go back to Italy!"

"If you knew, why didn't you stop me?" I question, eyes narrowed.

"I-I thought you would change your mind and stay with me," he admits.

"But I guess I was wrong. You're free to go. I should've known this wouldn't work out."

My heart breaks into a thousand pieces, and I desperately want to reach out and tell him I'll stay with him, but a part of me, the part that tries to protect my heart, says it's too late.

My face hardens. "Fine then," I say. "As soon as my dad heals, we're leaving. Forever."

If Jayden was regretful of his words, he sure didn't show it as I marched out of the door to find my father.

I hear the door slam, and keep walking around the disgusting landscape with blood and corpses everywhere.

I recognize one. Will.

Even though he was going insane, he was still one of my best friends, and I hated that he was dead.

Flashbacks of memories came flying back at me, and I pushed away the tears and went on, looking for him.

He was nowhere to be found outside, so I decided to check the pack hospital.

It was nearby, so I jogged over, thinking about what I said to Jayden and what I should've said.

Suddenly, masked figures appeared out of nowhere and slammed my body into the wall along the Pack House. This is incredibly cliché, but all I saw was black.