Part 7: All Eyes On Me

It's going to be another long one

Katie's POV

"So wait, Caleb took your soul, why?" Luke asked.

"Yeah that dude seemed pretty cool, what would he need your soul for?" Reggie said.

"Apparently my mom knew something about him and Bobby." I said. 

"What's Bobby have to do with any of this?" Luke asked.

"Just shut up and let me talk!" I shout. The boys go silent. I clear my throat and continue. "Apparently my mom knew something about what they did twenty five years ago. Caleb blackmailed her that if she ever told anyone, he'd take her baby, me. He must think she told me about Bobby stealing your songs."

"Okay, but what did they do twenty five years ago?" Alex asked.

"Do you really want to know?" I asked.

They all nod, really eager to hear what happened.

"Caleb has had his eye on you since he first heard you play, way back in nineteen ninety four." I say. "He needed a way to get you in his house band, but you were lifers. As he observed you guys, he realized one of you wanted to be solo. Bobby."

"W-what are you saying?" Reggie asked.

"Caleb teamed up with Bobby, and they made sure you died that night before the orhpum." I say. "They poisioned you so Caleb could recruit you to his house band and Bobby could become famous off your songs."

"What?" Reggie asked. "But why?"

"I told you. To steal your music."

"This is why I have trust issues!" Alex said.

"I-I-I don't believe you." Reggie said. "He was our friend, stealing our songs is one thing, but he wouldn't murder us!"

"Reg, I mean think about it." Luke said. "He said he was vegetarian to get out of going to get streetdogs."

"I thought he was just trying to impress that girl." Reggie said.

"And he even reminded us, trying to make sure we eat them." Luke said.

"So even if Katie's right, how does that explain the jolts?" Reggie asked.

"They probably won't stop until you join his house band." I said. "Look, I can't be gone long without Caleb noticing. I gotta go."

I poof back to the Hollywood Ghost Club, Caleb putting on yet another show. I needed to find a way to free my soul. I never wanted to perform for him again.

"Kaitlyn, I need to tell you something." Willie said. "I lied to you. You aren't quite dead yet."

~Reggie's POV

We decided not to go back to the studio since Julie was so mad at us. We went to the orhpum to digest what Katie had just told us.

That night we died kept replaying in my head over and over.

"You guys go ahead. I'm a vegetarian, I'd never hurt an animal"

He did have a hamburger for lunch that day, and saying you're a vegetarian to impress someone isn't a good way to impress someone.  

"Don't you guys have to go get streetdogs or something?"

Could he have really been behind it? Would he really posion us to steal our songs, Luke's songs?

"Hey Reg, you alright?" Luke asked.