intro

It had been awhile since Izuku had walked down these halls. He'd missed the beginning of his last year at UA and was now hoping to make up for it as he made his way to class, contemplating how much work he might have to catch up on. Honestly it felt good to have these worries back. It gave him less time to focus on the whole reason he had missed this much school in the first place, the recent loss of his mother. 

Inko had always been a good, strong mom but unfortunately she died in the hospital after being involved in a pretty brutal villain attack. Izuku was really grateful that he got to say goodbye, but he wished more than anything in the world that goodbye had never come at all. He had loved his mother so much and her death was particularly hard on him. 

Aizawa gave him the time he needed to mourn, but now it was time to go back to normal, or as normal as things could be for him while processing such a great loss. Only the teachers, Bakugou and Kirishima knew about Inkos death (for the sake of the story), as Deku didn't want his classmates to worry about him anymore than they already did. Aizawa had told them that Deku was doing some private training away from school for a little while.

Now as Midoriya approached the classroom, he slowed down and took a deep breath. I can do this, he thought to himself as he slowly opened the door and was met with his classmates' surprised faces. "Deku!" Uraraka yelled, running towards him and giving him a giant hug. Things between them had been strained lately, but Deku was so glad that they could fall right back into this normal after everything had happened between them. 

Deku thought it would have been selfish of him to ask her to wait for him to get his sheeeet together, so they had come to an understanding and they were both happy (communication is secy). They were still together but Uraraka had been giving him his space. "Midoriya!" Mina ran up to him as well and hugged him, and the rest of their classmates followed. "Deku," "nerd" Midoriya" He heard all around the classroom and was so grateful for each one of them that he teared up a bit. 

"We are glad to have you back Midoriya," Iida said, doing his weird hand motion chopping things that Deku had missed so much. 

"I missed you guys!" Deku exclaimed in a squeaky voice as Aizawa entered the classroom. 

"Problem child?" He asked in a confused voice as Deku worked his way out of the tangle of arms around him. 

"Hi Mr. Aizawa." he said in a tiny voice while walking up to the front of the class. "I know I was supposed to start class in a week, but I felt ready and so I decided to come today. As you can see. Because I'm here right now in class standing in front of yo- " 

Mr. Aizawa cut him of suddenly,  saying "I can see you Midoriya, we are glad to have you back problem child." Deku could swear he saw a slight smile on Mr. Aizawa's face right then. "Go to your seat problem child and we can start class." Deku nodded, walked up to his seat and sat down, glad to be back.

573 words

Thanks for reading! This was just the introduction, I'll try to write longer chapters from now on. Let me know if you have any constructive criticism (or spelling errors as I didn't really proof read this) for me! It will get more interesting if you read further I promise.