Part 6

Midoriya and Kiri had decided to go to a small cafe after they left the theme park. They were now sitting in the warm building at a little table next the a window, sipping on coffee and talking about random topics until the current situation was brought up.

"How are you doing Mido, honestly." 

"I'll be okay. It will probably take some t-time to heal but I'll be okay." It was quiet after that and they sat in awkward silence. "ahem," Deku cleared his throat. "What about you?" 

"...I'm completely- I just- I don't know how you're still being positive. I just wanna give up."

Midoriya got up and hugged Kirishima. They stayed like that for a while until they got up and left to go back to the dorms. As they were walking side by side, Deku looked up at the sky. It was dark out and he could see the stars. The moon was really bright tonight. His hand brushed up against Kiris'. "O-oh sorry." They kept walking and eventually got to the dorms. 

"Goodnight Midoba- bro." 

"Goodnight Kiri!" As soon as Deku got in bed, he fell asleep. Of course, it didnt last long. He'd been having nightmares since his moms death. 

There she was standing there with her back to him. "Mom," He screamed, trying to run towards her, but his feet were stuck and he couldn't move them. A villain with no face slowly walked forward and pulled Inko away and into the shadows. When he tried to follow, the world transformed and he was in his old middle school classroom. Everyone around him was laughing and pointing. He could see all of his current classmates in the crowd. Bakugou circled around him. Nobody loves you he wispered over and over again. Then he was falling, falling, falling before waking up with a scream. He shivered and tried to get out of bed but invisible hands were holding him down and he couldn't move.

Then he really woke up, panting and sweating. He knew that if he went back to sleep, more nightmares would just find him, so he got out of bed and checked the time. It was 2 am. He opened the door and his feet lead him to Urarakas door. He hesitated at the handle. She didn't like him anymore. She didn't care about him anymore. Bakugou was right. Nobody would ever love him.

"AHHH!" He exclaimed as he felt a hand on his back. 

"SHHHH you're going to wake everyone up!"

"Kiri You scared me! What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," he said eyeing the door in front of Izuku. 

"I couldn't sleep, heh." Deku respond sheepishly. 

"Me neither. I had a nightmare." 

"Me too! I think I just don't want to be alone right now."

"Well, why don't you sleep in my dorm? I can sleep on the floor if you want, it'd be the manly thing to do." Kirishima said with a smile.

"O-oh! I don't want to intrude! I feel like I would just keep you up."

"I insist. I don't really want to be alone either so." There was a silence.

"O-okay Kiri! That actually sounds like a lot of fun." They walked together to Kirishima's dorm, Deku momentarily having forgotten all about Uraraka and why he was out of bed in the first place. 

They stayed up and talked a little bit, but soon they both got sleepy and decided it was time to try and rest again. With hushed goodnight's they both drifted off into a quiet slumber. 

Deku woke for the second time that night, but unlike before he couldn't remember why. There were tears streaked down his face from the forgotten nightmares. Half asleep, he tripped out of bed, crawled on the floor to where Kiri was sleeping and curled up next to him with a small hiccup and a sigh. That nightmares didn't bother him anymore that night.

658 words