(Chapter 28) Change with time and age

Zayn's POV 

If there was one thing Zayn had learned, forced to incorporate over the time of his stardom was, never to show discomfort on his face. 

He was Zayn Malik, and elegance was engraved in his bones, from top to bottom, he screamed expensive, from his slick brown hand tailored slacks and Italian hand stitched faux leather shoes, to delicate satin shirt with platinum cufflinks as accessories, to his neatly trimmed beard and the Tom Ford cologne he had drizzled on himself before coming here, he looked like picture perfect. Like a film start should, like people expect a film star should. 

"Malik, my boy, it's so good to see you again, next time I hope you'd take an initiative to come visit your favorite old man." 

As soon as Bennet Price entered the room, Zayn felt a nerve tick in his brain, he clenched his hands into fists and smiled, the corner of his lips wavering with barely concealed annoyance as he got up to greet the old hag who looked like he was a few months away from his death bed. 

Unfortunately for Zayn thought, he had read somewhere, that cockroaches would survive a nuclear explosion. 

"Of course." He replied, "I've been caught up with work these days, you know how demanding it can be." They shook hands and he watched Bennet take a seat on the other side of the sofa, thankfully at a safe distance from Zayn. 

His body guards piled up behind him and Zayn sat back down, crossing his legs. After years of his meetings with this man, the intimidation of his bodyguards that worked on Zayn previously didn't anymore.

Zayn getting him the most money out of all his clients may be the reason why he knew his life was never under a threat if he played by the rules. 

"You're my little mega star, of course I understand." He laughed, "You turned out to be such a good investment, my best work yet, I can excuse a few off days." 

The muscle in Zayn's jaw ticked but he smiled, "It's not about a few off days though, did your secretary not inform you that I'm tapping out now?" 

"Tapping out?" Price let out a chuckle and Zayn was over come with an intense desire to punch his dentures in, fucking sleeze ball. "What do you mean tapping out? Are you lacking resources? Are your charms dying now Malik, you're barely 27, you know we're running short." 

"Like I said, I've been occupied, this was good money and I'm grateful for all the things you've done for me but I've repaid you in more than one ways so it's time we put an end to this." 

"Did your girlfriend find out what you do in your free time?" Price implored, the smile on his face and the tone of his voice an mismatch.

"You know if she did she'd raise a hell fire on me." That's exactly what she was doing. 

"Always the self righteous, nepotism kids never know what's its like to survive in this industry do they." 

"They're anything but self righteous." Zayn responded. 

"Don't I know it, how do you think we earn money other wise." Price smiled like this conversation was melancholy. "I have a few very eagerly awaiting counterfeits in need of companions and I'd appreciate if you don't bail on me in the times of need, after all, I didn't." 

 Zayn clicked his tongue in irritation of the predicament  he had voluntarily put himself in, usually it was never this difficult to get the job done, to get someone to sign on a contract and be done with it. 

But this time he kept feeling a pressure on his chest, something heavy that made him want to back out because anything was better than feeling like this.