(Chapter 1) caught in a cycle, so pardon my psycho

"bring your body baby, i could bring you fame." 

When Harry was seven, his only distinct memory was his mom screaming at him for getting glitter everywhere, he remembered going to the shop near his house with his grandma given five pounds and buying over ten packs of glitter, different shapes and sizes and colours.

His tiny hands carrying the goodie bag like diamonds.

Glitter wasn't diamonds, Harry knew that, but he thought they came pretty damn close. Glitter was better than diamonds because they were colourful and made his fingertips shine; it made him feel like a fairy from Wings Club.

Glitter was one of the few things that lit Harry up from the inside.

Of course it was distressing to his mother, a lot of times it got into food, Gemma would scream at him for getting it on her stationery and her dresses and it made Harry feel horrible, but that never stopped him.

Then Harry turned eight and one of his friends at the time told him playing with glitter was for girls and Harry stopped being so flamboyant about his hobbies and kept his glitter to himself.

On his ninth birthday, Gemma saved up enough to buy him a pack of Crayola glitter marker set which was quiet expensive for a twelve year old seeing she didn't have a job and her main income source was their grandmother who had almost stopped giving them money anyways.

But Harry was glad, so he took the pens, not before giving her a gigantic hug and kissing her cheek ten times.

His mom gave him a leather bound journal, she said it was old and it was her's originally but she couldn't think of anything to write in it so she thought Harry could use it well.

Harry had frowned at the hand me down book but as he later found out it was the best thing he owned.

It was old and the pages were yellowing but his pens worked great on it so Harry was happy.

Harry never went anywhere without his pens and he was careful he didn't waste the ink unnecessarily and no one was allowed to use them, not even his best friend Louis.

And then he turned ten.

Harry loved going to school and he had a lot of friends, everyone loved him, he was an adorable boy and Gemma's friends always squished his cheeks and cooed at how cute he was all the time, making Gemma roll her eyes but smile at him nevertheless.

He got a lot of love letters in his locker at school from girls and he even almost had a girlfriend till.

Till Zayn Malik came crashing into his life, very uncalled but not unwelcomed.

Zayn Malik was everything.

It was normal Saturday night and he was waiting on Gemma to microwave the popcorns while he wrote in his journal which was not even half filled, in their warm living room when 17 year old Zayn Malik showed up on the television.

Harry's blue glitter pen dropped on his journal and rolled unto the sofa.

It was a movie trailer Harry had heard about, they were making a remake of The Grease and apparently Zayn Malik was paying Danny Zuko.

At the age of ten was when Harry had his gay epiphany and some might argue that it was too young for him to know about it, but when he saw Zayn sunshine hazel eyes stare directly at him through the old TV he knew it.

Zayn had managed to capture Harry's heart so abruptly that suddenly once the trailer was over and Reece's commercial started playing, Harry didn't know what to do with himself.