(Chapter 21) I will die if I don't try, damned if I ask why

Harry had been to all kinds of creepy photoshoots.

Moving to New York with whatever money he had saved up, impulsively, he had encountered really creepy photographers who asked him to take off his underwear mid shoot.

Nothing could be creepier when this photographer put him in a bdsm gear and told him to pose. Harry still shivers, thinking about it to this day.

That was one of the reasons why he was so grateful for Jeff who basically saved his life, believe it or not.

Harry was stuck in a similar kind of photoshoot and the photographer kept insisting to put oil on Harry despite Harry's reluctance, he remembers his hand brushing across Harry's butt when Harry had froze.

Right then, his knight in shining armour, Jeffery Azoff, had arrived. Harry had no idea this shoot was supposed to have scouts but apparently Jeff and him had some sort of astronomical connection because Jeff kept his eyes on the photographer the whole time he was there.

Every time the photographer came close to touching Harry, Jeff would pipe in some sarcastic remark, keeping up his polite pretence. Luckily the shoot went well and Jeff was impressed enough to have him sign to Full Stop Management.

He owed him a lot already and that's why he was biting at his manicured nails as he sat beside Zayn on his large couch watching shark tank on Netflix.

After Harry had wrapped up Zayn's hand in gauze again, he couldn't help but think about whatever that had happened. Zayn almost looked scary for a second.

"What do you want for dinner?" Zayn asked out of the blue.

"Huh?" Harry's heart jumped, "Uh, I usually eat an iceberg lettuce salad and call it a night."

"I'll order." He replied.

"I... actually I don't plan on staying, I kind of have prior commitments so I should get going if you're fine." Harry replied hesitantly, looking at Zayn through his lashes.

He could see Zayn's jaw clench, it was so hot and intimidating at the same time Harry didn't know if he wanted to run or jump on him. Now this was a pickle.

"Why are you playing hard to get?" He asked lowly.

"I'm not." Harry replied quickly, "I genuinely do have-"

"I don't want to hear it, do you think I was playing around when I said I can easily fuck things up for you?"

Anger flared in Harry's chest, "So what then, you're going to force yourself on me because I don't put out?"

"What? When did I ever talk about sex?" He questioned incredulously.

"So what the fuck do you want me around for? Why don't you keep Gigi Hadid around like this I'm sure she wont mind but I do. So excuse me, I will take your leave." He got off the couch dramatically, Jeff and Gemma would be so proud of him for speaking up but inside his heart was thrashing around like a bird in a cage.

Zayn's face contracted into a smirk, "So that's what you're worried about. Gigi. She's my friend."

"Friend." Harry scoffed, completely out of character for him, "Friend okay, sure. How many times have you slept with her?"

"Countless." He answered effortlessly, "But why does that matter, you're not even my friend and I've slept with you so many times."

Harry felt like he could boil over. This is why Zayn was so bad for his health. He wanted to lash out and scream at Zayn harshly but he kept it in, he had to keep it in. Zayn was so beautiful but so destructive, as he stood in front of Harry, smiling like he really didn't care he put others on an emotional turmoil, like he genuinely couldn't give a shit about anyone's feelings, Harry questioned himself even more.