Chapter 13- Blind

The alarm clock blared loudly, causing me to jolt upright, slamming into Eric's chin. He let out a whimper that turned to laughter, as he reached over and switched the alarm off. One of his arms were still around my waist. When I looked down in surprise at it, he meekly removed it.

Rubbing his chin, he rose from the bed and began to walk through the door that led to the bathroom. "You need to get back to the dorms before Four shows up to wake everyone up. We really don't need people to think we're sleeping together. And I don't particularly want Four to hassle me."

"Four already thinks we're together. He told me to be careful around you." I said, as I stood up, rubbing my eyes. I followed him into the bathroom, where I planned to get my dress and shoes.

Eric had a white cream smeared all over his face. He began sliding a razor up and down his face. "Be careful around me? Why? It's not like I've had many failed relationships in the past. Or any relationships, that is."

I shrugged. "The initiates think we're together too. I almost told them about the kiss when I was under truth serum. It wore off though, thankfully." I blushed when I mentioned the kiss, and hid my face before Eric could see.

"You weren't really under the serum. You're Divergent. It's impossible. You probably just felt it in your system and believed you had to tell the truth so you did. You could've lied as easily as when you lie about hating the kiss." He grinned deviously, wiping the leftover shaving cream off with a towel, leaving behind a smoothly-shaven Eric.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my dress and shoes. "I'm keeping these pajamas."

"Just add it into the pile with the rest of the clothes you've stolen from me. I'm going to start dressing badly, so maybe I can at least keep ugly clothes."

"I'd steal those too." I said as I stepped into the living room and out of his apartment.

I made it back into the dormitory mere seconds before Four walked in. I had just enough time to duck under the blankets and pretend to be asleep.

"How did it go last night?" Kait asked as I changed out of Eric's clothes into a black skirt, burgundy tank-top and Eric's leather jacket.

"Scary." I answered, struggling to pull the tight skirt on.

"Which part? Dealing with Jeanine or pretending to be hopelessly in love with Eric?"

I grinned at the irony. "Both."

"Did you clear your name?" Four asked as I took my seat and tilted my head.

"Yeah, after about five seconds after we arrived. Candors are surprisingly easy to convince."

Four laughed. Eric stood in his usual spot, arms crossed, with torn black jeans and a black v-neck. He looked like his normal mysterious, badass self.

"Ready?" he asked. When I nodded, he poked the needle into my skin.

I was in Eric's apartment, his bedroom to be exact. I looked behind me to see Eric emerging from the bathroom, his shirt off and his hair messy. "Hey sexy," he breathed.

I cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "Go ahead and play hard-to-get. You know I love a challenge," he sneered. He broke the space between us and pushed me against him. His lips found mine in no time. It wasn't the sweet, tender kisses that he had given me when we first kissed. It was rough, violent even.

"Eric," I pleaded. He pushed his tongue into my mouth and pushed me onto the bed.

"Eric, stop." I cried as he pulled my shirt over my head. He pinned me down, rougher than he had when we had our fight on the last day of stage one.