Chapter 23- Eric

A/N

This chapter is completely in Eric's point of view, so don't get too confused.

These seven months had been the absolute best months of my life. I had no mother, no father, no friends, no life, no...anything. And now here I was, the leader of my dream faction, the most beautiful, loving woman on my arm, and my precious daughter on the way.

By "on the way", I meant she was coming. NOW.

Rose and I were having a wondrous evening. We had just left the tattoo parlor where I copied Rose's tattoo and had both my ladies' names on my wrists. Rose was smiling that beautiful smile, her big blue eyes shone like magnificent stars. Hell, stars couldn't even compare to the depth of her beauty.

But, alas, her laughter was cut short, the floor was soaked, and my beautiful wife was screaming. Let me establish how bad this is. These SEVEN MONTHS had been the absolute best months of my life. Anastasia was arriving too early.

Immediately, my 'Daddy instincts' (as Rose called them) kicked in and I swept her into my arms and ran to the infirmary in thirty seconds flat. I had collected a hoard of Rose's friends on the way, who had noticed my rush and Rose's terror and tagged alongside me, although they struggled to keep up.

As soon as we reached the infirmary, Rose's co-workers ran to get whatever medical do-dads that were needed. I gently laid her on the seemingly uncomfortable bed, smiling at her.

She was crying. I pushed a stray hair behind her ear. "Hey now, don't worry. Ana's coming and everything's going to be just fine and in a few hours, we'll be a regular boring family."

She shook with silent laughter, making tears shake off of her. "It's t-too early." She stuttered.

"That just means we don't have to wait as long." I said, kissing her forehead.

After about an hour, she began pushing. She was crying so hard, but I couldn't help laughing with excitement. I had always been alone, and now I was blessed with two beautiful girls for all of eternity.

"Keep going, love." I encouraged, as she tightly gripped my hand. I couldn't even feel the pain of her grip because butterflies fluttered in my stomach. Actually, it was more like soaring eagles.

My expression softened when I glanced up to see the faces of the multiple nurses who stood at the edge of Rose's bed. They were scared.

"W-what's happening?" I asked, as Rose let out an unnatural wail.

They ignored me. "She's hemorrhaging!" A woman shouted. "Her heartbeat is slow!" Said another.

"Rose?" I said quietly, getting on my knees beside her bed. "Rose, look at me. Please." I pleaded.

Slowly, she turned her head to face me. "Eric." She breathed.

"She's crowning." One said, a solemn expression.

Tears gushed down my face, harder than I could remember. My wife was almost unconscious and my daughter was coming too early.

After a while, a nurse came to me, tapping on my shoulder to rouse me because my face was hidden in my hands. "I'm sorry." She said. "She was just too early."

"My- my baby girl." I screamed now. "Where's my daughter?!"

"Sir," the nurse said, looking frightened, although I couldn't care less. "She's gone."

"Where is she? I want my baby girl." I pleaded, sounding muffled under all my tears.

The nurse hesitated but then placed the baby bundled in a white cloth in my arms. She had dark hair, like her Daddy, but the elegant, almost mystical face of her Mommy. She didn't even stir when I placed my lips on her forehead.

"Wake up, Ana." I pleaded. "Daddy loves you."

"I'm so sorry." Another nurse said. "It's Rose."

I looked up. "She doesn't have much time left." She said.

I moved to see my wife, still beautiful underneath all that sweat and tears. She reached for lifeless Ana, and I reluctantly placed her in her arms. She rocked her like the wonderful mother she would have been.

"I'm dying, Eric." She said through tears.

"No." I said, falling over my words. "You can't. I love you. We were supposed to be happy. It's what always happened in our books. Two kids with a bad life fall in love and live happily ever after, right? This is our love story, Rose!" I shouted.

She placed a weak hand on my cheek. "You were my greatest adventure." And with that, her eyes started to seem heavy and she drifted into an eternal slumber.

"No!" I screamed. "Rose, wake up! Ana!"

I felt a hand grasp my arm. Four stood behind me with a tear-streaked face. "They're gone, Eric." He cried.

"They're not gone! I screamed, throwing pieces of equipment. "They're all I've ever had. They can't leave."

I fell to my knees, sobbing loudly. Four placed an unhelping hand on my back.

I stood in our apartment, gazing into the mirror. You couldn't even keep your wife, I told myself.

I didn't wear a shirt and I stared at my chest. As tears poured down my face, I brought the silver gun to my heart, just as I had in Rose's fear. I suppose both our fears came true.

I had left a note, although I'm not sure who it was for. I had loved no one and no one loved me, save for Rose and Anastasia. No one would miss me, unlike the hoard of mourners that filled my apartment with flowers. They didn't love Rose like I did, so why were they acting so? I guess I was leaving it for Rose, who I hoped would forgive me for this. I had promised that I wouldn't do this, but I hadn't realized how deep I would fall for those blue eyes or how deep the hole in my heart would be without her.

Time to deepen the hole in my heart.

"I love you, Rose." I said, and I pulled the trigger, ready to join my family.

I know I'm horrible. Trust me, I know. This is the first time I've cried over one of my characters. But, please don't remove me from your libraries yet. There is still an Epilogue coming! THIS STORY IS NOT OVER YET!