Trying

Ellis's POV

I woke up to the sound of an alarm ringing, I turned my head to face the the alarm and it read 5am, which is usually the time I go work but today I decided not to go. So, I turned off the alarm and turn my body to its original position and I was meet by loud snoring coming from the smallest person.

I smile as I see Meredith sleeping on her side, her back facing me. I just sit there and remember the events of yesterday, where Meredith expressed her feelings towards me and basically saying I failed as mother, which I did. At the thought of that, I carefully get out bed, not wanting to waking up Meredith, even though usually time for her to get ready for school but today she's not going.

I pick up my phone and head out of my room, on the way to the bathroom I call Meredith's school to let him know that she's not going to school today.

"Good morning Mr Wills, you speaking to Dr Grey, Meredith's mother" I say over the phone.

"Good morning Dr Grey, how can I help you?" he says

"Meredith is not feeling well today and I think it's best for her not to attend school today, so can you arrange that her homework or her work is sent to her " I state in a very Ellisy voice

"Oh, there's no problem Dr Grey, I'll speak to her teachers and ask them to give her works to one of her friend's, which friend to you prefer or that leaves close by, so that they are able to drop of her homework?" he asks.

"Um" I says not knowing what to say because I don't know any of Meredith friends, she did mention that she has friends yesterday but not the names.
"I don't know any of her friends" I continue, a little bit embarrassed that I don't know any of my daughters friends.

"Oh okay, that's fine,I'm sure we'll figure something out, I hope Meredith feels better because I need my A student back" he says chuckling a bit, "Have a good day Dr Grey", he concludes.

I smile when he says "A student" and I say "Thank you Mr Wills, have a good day yourself" I say and end the call.

"Now I have to call Richard" I say going through my phone for Richards number. After scrolling through some numbers, I finally find it.

The phone rings twice before he picks, "Richard, Good Morning, I won't be able to come to work today so, can you be acting chief for the day?" I ask quickly, knowing he's going to ask questions because I NEVER take days off work.

"Good morning Ellis, umm sure I can do that for you" he says sceptically and continues to speaking "Ellis what's wrong, you never take time off work"

"It's just" i sigh "it's just Meredith needs me"

"Ellis what happened, Meredith needs you, is Meredith okay?" asking in a panicking voice

"Richard, Meredith is fine, relax" i say rolling my eyes

"Then what is it?"

"Hmmm" I sigh as I sit down the bathroom chair, knowing that I have to Richard what happened yesterday, "So yesterday Meredith came into my bedroom, when I was about to sleep, she came and said..." I tell Richard everything that was said yesterday.

Mer's POV

I woke up to an empty bed, I knew I wasted my time yesterday because I poured my heart and she just leaves and goes to work without saying anything to me. I get out of bed and walk towards my moms en-suite bathroom and I wash my face as it is sticky and my eyes are sore from the crying that occur yesterday. After I'm done washing my face I realize...

"Damn, I have school" I say rushing out my moms bedroom to go take the quickest shower ever because i'm super late, "Why didn't she wake me, arg" I say walking towards the bathroom but I stop at the door as I hear my mother's voice from inside and I decided to listen to what she's saying.