Unexpected truth pt2

TW! mentions of rape

ELLIS'S POV

Rape Kit
Positive

Rape Kit
Positive

I read these words three times, hopefully I've read them wrong.

I sat down in the storeroom not knowing what to do or what to think.

The door opened and Mr Smith peaks his head in.

"uhm, Dr Grey, I was wondering if you found Rachel's file?" he asks.

"umm, here it is and please ask Dr Webber to take over this case. I'm not on it anymore." I say standing up with my daughter's file in hand.

"oh okay" He responds with a bit of confusion in his voice and leaves the room.I mean I know I never assign cases over to some else so this is the first time.

I continue to walk down the hallway to my office, I take my bag and head out to my car. I just sit in my car, staring into the building in front. There's nothing I could do but blame myself. If I was home, if I was a better mom, if, if......

I start my car and drive home. As I walking in the house, all lights are off, well it's pretty so of course Meredith is sleeping. So I walk up to her room and see her sleeping in a horizontal position with the pillow on top of her head.

I fix her pillow, so that I can get a better look at her sleeping face. What Meredith doesn't know is that I've always sneak in when she was sleeping to look at her face, especially when I had tough cases.

My mind quickly goes back to the file I'm holding, how him do this? whoever they are, why?. I keep asking myself.

I exit Meredith's and go to mine, placing the case file on top of my dressing table and quickly change to my pajams. I'm numb, I don't know what to do, I feel guilty, I feel responsible, I'm angry.

Im not sure if I even slept but I hear my alarm ringing, quickly turn it off and head to my bathroom, as I look in mirror, I see bags under my eyes, red eyes and exhaustion from clearly not sleeping last night, I mean how could any mother sleep after finding something like that out.

Still feeling numb, in fact I'm even sure how I feel anymore. So step into the shower and prepare myself for whatever's coming.

MER'S POV

I wake up feeling so tired, how can one sleep for so long but still wake up tired? But anyway it's school, so I go to the bathroom but notice I've ran out of shampoo so I head to my mom's room to borrow her's.

As I enter the room, I hear the shower which means she's showering. I didn't even hear her come in last night but anyway, I go take her hair dry instead coz mine is not working, I'll take the shampoo after she's done.

As I open the draw, I see something on top off it.

No

No

No

How

She can't know, how she did find this. I start panicking, don't even know I have tears running down my cheeks.

I take the file with my shaking hands and open it, that's when I felt a hand on shoulder, I jump back, dropping the file on the ground and look to see my mom.

"How, why.. why.. why do you have this?" I ask with a shaking voice.

"Meredith" my mom whispers and stepping close to me.

"NO! NO!" I step back

"Meredith, I'm..I'm so so sorry" she says

"No!" I run out the room and back to my room, locking the door and quickly going to my bathroom and in the shower.

"No!" is the only word I can say right now.

ELLIS'S POV

I was too careless with that file, first thought on ming

I've dealt with a lot of rape victims, a lot but no one is ever prepared or taught how to deal or handle it when it comes to their own children.

Seeing her like that it's heart breaking. Shaking, pick her fingers, the look in her face, it just....

I can break down not when I just saw my daughters heart break and pain through her eyes.

Numbness

Guilt

Pain

Regret

Resentment

Pain

Regret!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey guys🫶🏽