Unexpected truth

TW!!

Mer's POV

After a long day school, I actually couldn't wait to see my mom. Which is surprising because if you'd ask me that years ago or a month ago, I'd probably say "I'd rather sleep at school then go home". Anyways I really happy of how her and I's relationship is.

So, as I sit on the school bench, waiting for my mom, my phone rings.

Derek❤️

I quickly answer because I've missed him so much. "Heyyy Der"

"Ohh, someone's happy" Derek replies with a chuckle.

"ohh shut it, I've missed you" I pout.

"I've missed too, only a week than I'll be there" He says smiling.

"I know.. ohh I'm going car shopping my mom!?

"ohh, nice, what car do you want"

"I'm not sure"

"I think you should get a Audi, wait... did you say your mom?" he asks confused because I haven't told what happened two days ago.

"yeah but I'll tell you everything when you come back.

"Okay, we'll I'm happy you happy" He says giving me the "mcdreamy". Gosh I miss him. " Anyways babe I have to go, I have a test in 20mins, was just checking on my fav girlfriend" he smirks

"like.. you have more than one" I smirk back but he smirk's a bit more.

"Derek? Am I in a polygamy without knowing?" I fake frown"

"Maybe" He says with a serious face, my face drops "I'm joking, you the only one" we both laughing.

"Good, oh my mom's here, goodluck with your test, I love you." I stand up and walk to my mothers car.

"Thank you and I love you too." I smile and drop the call. I get the car.

"Hey, mom"

"Hey Meredith" she smiles back and drives to the dealership.

"Meredith?, I thought I was "Munchkin". I fake pout

"While that's only if you looking cute" She smirks.

"Mom!" I gasp and she laughed and I shortly join her. We drive to our destination and while she drives I'm busy dancing to Kelly Rowland's "Like This".

"Told y'all I was gonna bump like this
Y'all didn't think that I could bump like this
Said I told y'all I was gonna bump like this (uh-uh)
Turn around then I make it jump like this (ladies)!!!" I sing out loud while dancing.

Mom parks the car and switch's off the music. "Good thing you didn't join the choir" she says while getting out the car.

"Mom!" I gasp and laugh at same time. "Like you can sing, probably got the horrible singing from you so, excuse me ma'am" I shoot back as we enter the dealership laughing.

"Good afternoon I'm Mick, welcome Mick's Dealership, how can I help you." A 30 year old looking man greets us.

"Afternoon, I'm Meredith, I'm Dr Grey" we both reply and introduce ourselves and of course my mom will say "Dr Grey" instead of her name, well technically it is her name , anyway you get what I'm saying.

" We looking for a car for this young lady, she's eighteen so I think it's time for her car and stop using school buses" I roll my eyes as my mom answers Mick.

"Okay, what is this young lady loooking for?"

"Mercedes" I say waiting for my mom to reply.

"What! I'm not driving same car as a 18 year old, you'll have to buy it with own money miss" she quickly replies.