• Chapter 15 •

I couldn't resist 👆 Draco looks so cute in this chibi fanart 🥺

And by God, the number of threats I got in the previous chapter *shudders*

Special long chapter!

*********************************************************************************

Third Person POV:

The Rossi family reached the hospital in record time. Soon, Chloe was loaded out of the ambulance on a stretcher and taken to an emergency room. Though Leonardo tried to cover his daughters eyes, Talia still caught a glimpse of her blood covered Unnie.

The 4 year old had frozen in horror. After taking her to a doctor to get her checked for any injuries, she had gone into shock. She was barely responding to anything.

According to the doctor, the sight of a blood drenched Chloe, had triggered her memory of her mother dying. To keep her safe from further harm, Leo had ordered the twins and Enzo to stay at home with her.

Chloe had two been shot two times, with one wound in her fatal point. So, she was in critical stage. After around three hours of surgery, she could breath, but not without the help of a machine. Turns out, the bullet had hit an artery, close to her heart and lungs.

Right now, she was declared to be in vegetative state.

Three weeks later

Adriano sighed as he climbed up the hospital stairs with Talia in his arms. The youngest Rossi had demanded to see her Unnie, no matter what condition she was in.

Thankfully, his father had managed to pull Talia out of her unresponsive state about a week ago. They had tried everything. They had brought her school friends to the house, they had blackmailed her with her favorite chocolate. Nothing worked.

She still remained passive. The image of her staring at a wall blankly was imprinted in his mind forever. He promised himself that he would do anything in his power to see her beaming smile back on her face.

After two weeks, his father had finally taken the initiative to try to talk to Talia again. Not that she ever responded. As if a miracle, five minutes later she had come bounding down the stairs with a determined look on her face.

Even though she wasn't smiling, he was happy to see her with at least a different expression. When he asked his father what had he said to pull Talia out of her unresponsive state, his fathers answer surprised him.

I just told her that her Unnie needs her.

Adriano marched into the heavily guarded VIP hospital room, armed with a child and a storybook. Turns out Talia wanted to read Chloe a story, because according to her, Chloe might be bored sleeping all the time.

"Stay here Tesoro. I have work to do. Levi and Enzo are sitting outside doing their homework. Tell them if you need anything, okay?"

The girl barely nodded at her older brother, before turning to her cousin. Adriano walks out with a troubled expression on his face. Holding her hand, she opens the book with her other one and starts reciting the story , 'Sleeping Beauty' to her.

Suddenly an idea strikes her. What if, she wakes up if a prince kisses her Unnie.

But there's no prince here.

Her shoulder slump dejectedly. Then her face lights up with an idea. She leans ahead and kisses Chloe on her cheek. She waits for two minutes, but nothing happens.

Why isn't she waking up?

Sighing, she gets back at reading to her Unnie. When she is at the part where the prince fights the dragon, the room's door opens. She frowns and turns at the source of interruption.