Chapter Thirteen

Dave

This is bad. Very bad.

George wasn't picking up my calls.

Did I really mess it up that bad? Fuck.

My brain wasn't functioning properly because of the panic and now, as I was standing in front of the door, hand posed up to ring the bell, I was frozen. Would she open the door? What if she said that we can't be friends anymore?

"You'll never know until you know," I murmured to myself and rang the bell.

Inside George groaned as she opened the door, "Lucy, I said not to disturb again and again just take everything you need and get out of-"

She froze as she saw me on the other side. "Oh," she said. Her red hair was tied up in a very messy bun, which was hanging to one side. There wars dark bags under her eyes and her forest grey eyes were tired.

"Have you been sleeping well?" I asked. No hello, no how are you, I first asked that question. I mentally facepalmed

She gaped at me for a second. "Huh? Oh, yeah, I don't know, I've been working on this dress for like the past two days. I slept for three hours last night though so."

She went inside. I followed her inside. She immediately went to her coffee maker and made a cup of black coffee. "You want some?" She asked. I shook my head. She drank the coffee and shivered, her eyes becoming a but more alert.

She stretched and went back the the hall. The wedding dress she'd made was almost done was flowing down on the floor and all I could do was stare at it.

"Don't look at it like that," George commented. I tore my eyes off the dress and looked at her. "I know it's too much," she said, pausing as she was interrupted by a yawn. "But it's what the bride wanted and well, who am I to question her choice?"

"What? No, I don't think it's too much it's gorgeous." I said. She was sewing the upper part of the dress, the skirt was on the couch, the first striking thing about it was the design of pink and blue magnolias and it looked like it was sewn by hand. She invested a lot of time in this

She stared at me. "Really? Isn't it a bit too showy?" She asked looking at it with narrowed eyes.

"Well, it's the woman's wedding isn't it? She should have a very beautiful wedding dress."

George smiled at me at the praise and my heart warmed. "Why didn't you pick up my calls?"

She gulped down her coffee and said, "You called? Damn, sorry I, uh, had my phone in my room and I was so focussed on this that I literally didn't notice anything ringing."

Then she plopped down on the couch and took out a chocolate pack. My mind immediately started giving out alert sirens.

"Whoa, okay, why are you eating that? " I asked. She looked at me with bright energetic eyes and said, "It helps me to work," she said in an overly enthusiastic voice. The sugar had started to kick in.

For the next two hours I tried to sneak the chocolate away from her as she sewed her dress, but to no avail.

She completed sewing her dress and cheered loudly, jumping up and down. The sugar was clearly still doing it's thing.