Chapter Seventeen

A/N: There are some mature scenes in this chapter, peeps who are kinda uncomfy with that can maybe skip those parts if they want to.

Dave

So far, the dating thing was going brilliantly. George was busier than ever, with all the orders she's gotten. But either I call her or the other way round and we end up talking for hours while simultaneously doing our work.

We were still best friends, just on a deeper level.

The more I talked to her, saw her, and noticed new things about her, the more I fell in love.

"Hello? Earth to David!" Lucy said, waving her arms to get my attention. I chuckled and said, "Yeah?"

We were sitting in Brent's house for lunch and O guess looking lost wasn't acceptable.

"You're so lost nowadays. You and George. Plus she keeps talking to someone on the phone and she wouldn't tell us who," she said in a bleak voice.

"Is that so?" I said teasingly, glancing at George for a second before turning my attention back to Lucy. She was wearing a green t-shirt paired with a black pleated skirt reaching just above her ankles. I was wearing a t-shirt and black jeans. We smiled at each other when we saw that we both had worn black.

It was a thing that happened more and more. Little things made us happy. It used to happen before too, but we never noticed it. Or maybe I didn't notice it. But now that I did, I cherished them.

We had chosen not to tell the others. They'd just get over-excited and go as far as to plan our wedding. We didn't need them breathing down our necks if something else happened.

Even if the thought made me shudder, it had to be entertained.

"I, for one don't have any interest to know who the mystery man is. She'll tell us herself when she wants to," Rey said.

"Well, you aren't the kind of person who wants to know, but I am. I don't want another Asshole Rick happening," she said firmly.

Asshole Rick. Yet another question mark in the puzzle called George.

"He's not like him. He could never," George said dubiously. My heart filled up with emotion as I smiled.

"So tell us about him, George. If we can't know his name, at least tell us what he's like," I said.

Her forest grey eyes turned playful as she said in a mock reluctant tone, "Oh fine, if I have to."

Oh, honey, you have to.

"He's... the most handsome man I've ever seen. He's gentle, has the cutest smile, is extremely sexy and he's extremely patient. It's something I love about him," she said.

I was utterly in love with this woman.  

I resisted the urge to confess my love for her then and there.

Lucy sighed dreamily. "Aww. I like this guy already. But tell him that he'll have a very angry friend to deal with if he breaks your heart."

George chuckled and said, "He already knows that."

"Good," Lucy said while nodding and chewing.

"Don't talk while eating," was Rey's immediate response. Lucy gulped down the food and stuck her tongue out. Rey sighed, shaking her head like a disappointed mother.

"I don't know how you deal with her," Brent said.

"Oh, that's easy, not everyone is an idiot like you," Lucy said in a matter-of-fact tone.