Chapter Fourteen

George

I heard Dave say awkward hellos to Lucy and Rey, no doubt sitting in the dining area, talking about the wedding. Then the front door opened and closed. My nerves were still on fire and my lips were buzzing from that life-changing kiss. I pushed my hair back and stared at the wardrobe in front of me.

Lucy knocked and asked, "Are you naked in there?"

"No," I said, still staring at my wardrobe. The door slammed open, Lucy grinning, plopping down on the bed, but when she saw my expression hers became a concerned one.

"Damn, was it that bad?" she asked. Then she let out a horrified gasp and whispered, "Is he one of those guys? Did you have to fake it?"

I looked at her incredulously and said, "What? No! We just kissed. We didn't have sex or anything."

Lucy tilted her head in confusion and I said, "Dude, he left after the kiss. It was so awkward, that he couldn't handle it. Plus, I sort of thought it was a dream. See, we can't even believe that we kissed. This is never going to work."

It didn't sound convincing, but I desperately needed to stop myself from getting my expectations up.

"Well, was it good?" she asked. I bit the inside of my cheek so that I don't smile, but failed. Lucy smiled at me knowingly and sighed.

"God, finally. I guess patience does bear the sweetest fruit," she said. I shrugged, not knowing what to say. Is this good? Is it bad? It was looking bad, by the way Dave left. But maybe he was just shocked.

My expectations were going up and I could feel the dread pooling inside me, slowly filling me up, cell by cell, bone by bone, until it finally reached my brain and the full force of what we, or I, did hit me.

My mind went into panic mode and the only thought in my head, blaring ominously through what seemed like speakers.

I'm gonna lose my best friend because of my stupidity.

"Oh no. Oh no, no,no," I muttered under my breath while Lucy looked at me with concern. "Oh my god, Lucy. What the fuck have I done? I just kissed my best friend. He's supposed to be my friend and I kissed him, oh no, oh Jesus fucking Christ, I'm gonna lose him and he's never going to talk to me and we're gonna drift apart and I'm gonna lose one of the best things I've had in my life-"

"George!" Lucy yelled at my face and I finally shut my mouth. "Calm down. Nothing of that sort is going to happen. And if it does I'll talk to him, make him see sense."

I shook my head, swallowing the lump in my throat, but it refused to budge. I let out a strangled sob, realising for the first time just how much he meant to me. Lucy took me into her arms. Rey entered the room and just sat beside me, but it was comforting enough.

Just the mere vision of him walking away after telling me that we should maybe just stay away from each other made it difficult to even breathe.

That's how much I loved him. So much, that I felt like a part of me was missing whenever we went our own ways. So much, that when I saw him, the rest of the world faded away. Until there was nothing left.

Except him.

David Sherlock Wilson was the man my heart belonged to and I wasn't going to be able to take it back anytime soon.

I sniffled and wiped the tears away from my cheeks and decided to not be such a crybaby. Whatever will happen, I'll deal with it.

Not like I have a choice. But still, I'll deal with it.

I took a deep breath in and let it out. "Let's just focus on this wedding for now. Let's put this all aside for now."

Rey and Lucy looked at each other, conversing with their eyes about it and then agreed to the decision.

"Wow. I'm actually jealous of you hogging my bestie," I teased. We all laughed, momentarily forgetting about our troubles.

But well, they had to be addressed at some point and so I asked, "So, did we locate our florist yet?"

Rey sighed and gave a tired shake of her head. I got up, feeling reenergized and asked, "Wasn't there like a fair kinda thing for people and businesses associated with weddings?"

Rey looked at me curiously and nodded. I told them what I had in mind, how we can go and learn some more stuff about how we can improve and simultaneously find a florist who will work well with us.

"Plus we need more people to add to the website, right? So, here's our ticket to make the best website ever."

Rey and Lucy went out the room to get ready and I entered the shower. Under the rush of the water, I felt my mind calm down and I could hear the gears of my mind turning about the Dave situation, but I pushed it aside, wrestled into a suitcase and locked it up with magic.

The only thing I'm going to focus is my job right now.

Dave

I was under the shower for the fifth time and I kinda deserved it.

She'd smelled like lavenders. I don't know what had driven her to peck me on the lips like that but that moment had burned up all my control. I'd just kissed her like a man starving. And in a way, I was starving. Even after I entered my house, paced around the kitchen, watched some news, I was starving.

It wasn't just attraction anymore. It was desire. It wasn't want, it was need. I needed her so much it made me want to go back and kiss her until we couldn't breathe.

I groaned. I shouldn't be thinking about this. She was my nest friend. Who I met in the park. She was my best friend.

Yeah. But you did kiss her.

The vision flashed again in my mind and I wanted to bang my head on the wall.

"God, I hate my brain," I muttered as I got out of the shower.

When the only thing I could think of wasn't George's beautiful face, a question lit up like a tiny flame in the back of my head.

What now?

We'd crossed the line. Do we see where it goes? Or do we try to move on and never talk about it?

I scoffed at the second question, "Like I'm ever going to forget it."

I could already feel the memory being nailed into my mind, her smell, the way her lips tasted and the feel her soft skin.

I shook my head and got to the question which was becoming brighter by the second.

What now?

I entertained the possibility of telling her that I wanna see where it goes. Would she agree? Would it work out?

Or would she disagree and reject? Would she just say we should move on? Would I be able to move on?

All these thoughts were making me crazy so I just threw myself on the bed. In a few minutes, I was asleep.

I woke up two hours later, shoulders aching, but having an answer to the burning question in my mind.

What now?

Now, I'm going to ask George out and if all goes well, then whatever I saw in my beautiful dream would be true.

A nap does solve everything.

*

*

*

Hellooooooooooo!!!

Did I post earlier than usual? I don't know, but anyways I'm gonna get to the 15th chapter byeeeeeeeeeee

P. S. Don't forget to vote and comment!!!