Chapter Fifteen

Dave

"You seem happy," Karan said. I looked at him with a curious smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He shrugged and said, "I don't know, you seemed tense after the beach. You're relaxed."

I sighed. "Well, considering that I might have a date after a week is kinda making me nervously happy."

"Oh nice," Karan said. I nodded and said, "Yeah. She could refuse, but I'm hoping that she won't."

Mostly because I wouldn't know what to do if she did.

I found myself thinking more and more about her and I'd started noticing the little things about her. All the little things I noticed but didn't see.  How she pressed the back of her pencil against her cheek while she thought or how she chucked her popcorn at the villain of a movie. How she would mumble curses at a book character, but also those tiny expression changes when I talked about any girlfriend or a girl I met in a bar.

Which prompted one question: Has she liked me this whole time?

I made a mental note of asking Linda about this. I hadn't been able to get the secret put that day, but I'll try harder.

A week later

I was thinking about what my strategy was going to be for this time. Beat around the bush or just direct hit?

"What?" Linda asked in an exasperated tone. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her nonchalantly. She tapped my head with the wooden spoon and I steeled myself.

"What did you mean when you said that I finally snapped into my senses?" I asked. There, I went with a direct hit.

"I meant exactly what I said," she said firmly. I gave her a pointed look, "You know that's not what I'm asking."

She shrugged and I hung my head down. She sat down and I dropped the million dollar question.

"Has George liked me for some time?" I asked. Her hands froze for a second before she recovered, but I caught it.

"Linda, come on, dude. I'm going to ask her out," I said. She gaped at me and I mentally slapped myself.

"You are?" She asked. I nodded. She leaned back and grinned at me. "I'm not gonna tell you, that's her thing to say. But I will say that you've been blind like another very stupid guy."

"At least give me a hint," I said. She shook her head and I sighed.

"By the way, I'm gonna choose your clothes for your date. Just because she won't judge doesn't mean that you're gonna go there wearing a T-shirt and jeans," Linda said.

"What, do I wear a wedding suit?" I asked between chewing my food.

She scoffed, "She's probably imagined that."

I choked on my food while Linda laughed at the look on my face.

I resisted throwing my glass of water at her, but then I would have choked, so I drank the water and decided that revenge was for later.

I was scrolling through Instagram when a notification popped up.

Rey had posted a picture in her buisness profile which was dedicated mainly to promoting the website, Marital Moments.

I went tapped the notification, the picture took some time to load. As soon as it did though, I wish it hadn't.

George, Lucy and Rey were standing with another guy. Rey was on the left side of him, George and Lucy on the right.