Chapter 17

"Please," I begged "just let me touch the grass!"

"No Alana, go away." Miller groaned rolling his eyes at me. I had been begging him for the last ten minutes to let me outside. It has been so long since I've had fresh air since I've been able to feel the sun on my skin.

"It's depressing in here! I want fresh air, to feel the grass and the sun on me." I pouted continuing to follow him around the house.

"Listen," he brought his voice to a whisper "if you leave me alone I'll give you some fun juice." He looked around to make sure no one else heard him. Not sure exactly what he meant by fun juice but he told me to leave him alone so I did.

I sulked around the house asking anyone and everyone if they'd sneak me outside and no one would. The new agents too scared of what Jeremy might say if he found out. Babies.

After dinner Miller came up and handed me an already opened water bottle which I found weird. "Drink." He winked and walked away.

"Tequila!" I laughed after taking a sip. He quickly turned around and told me to hush. I drank most of the water bottle sneakily.

"Having fun?" Miller asked laughing at me as I tripped into the kitchen.

"What's smiths deal with me?" I couldn't stop myself from thinking about why she could possibly hate me. I've never done anything to her.

"Rumor is her and Melroy were a thing in the academy. Apparently she wanted more and he didn't so I'd be careful if I were you." He warned. This information just made me even more upset he was out there working with her, alone.

"Great." I tipped the water bottle up to my mouth and drank the last gulp fast spilling some of it on myself. "Shit." I huffed tossing the bottle on the table.

"Good job." He laughed shaking his head at me. "Let's go get you cleaned up." He grabbed my arm and dragged me up the stairs hiding me from everyone else while I ranted about Jeremy and Smith being together right now. He checked the room and then pushed me in when it was clear.

"You're not a graceful drunk are you?" He teased sitting on my bed while I went to the dresser for a shirt.

"Listen," I asked taking my shirt off "I'm not drunk and I'm not graceful sober either." I mocked myself walking to the bathroom to wipe the tequila off my skin so it wouldn't leave me sticky.

"So does the magic of Alana and Melroy really happen?" He leaned back in the bed watching me as I came back into the room.

"I don't kiss and tell." I eyed him. "Even if I did Miller, I certainly wouldn't tell you." I scoffed. I don't trust Miller he's always breaking little rules and is mostly creepy toward me no way I'd tell him stuff like that.

"Then what do you do?" He asked sitting up extending his leg so I couldn't walk back to the dresser.

"None of your business." I pushed his leg away to reach for the new shirt.

"Do you not kiss and tell with everyone?" He asked grabbing my wrist and pulling me over to him. My buzzed butt tripped trying to stop myself and ended up falling directly on top of him.

"Miller." I slapped him in the side of the head and tried to get up but he laughed and held me to him.

"Oh I didn't realize this was occupied." I didn't even hear the door open or Jeremy step in. I pushed my body off of Miller to face Jeremy who stood there in the doorway with a few bags in his hands. "Here I picked you up some things." He placed the bags on the floor and left.

"Jeremy wait!" I called racing out of the room with no shirt on. I fell down the last couple steps but got right back up to chase him.

"I don't want to hear it." He called taking big steps away from me not even bothering to turn around to look at me.