Coming Clean.

Marcus came home late that night. He had gone to Silas's place to pick up Kathie and afterward he came straight to his home. As soon as Silas saw his brother, he knew something was wrong. Marcus had his eyes red, his hair was a mess, his shirt was wrinkly, he was missing his jacket and tie – he didn't leave looking as miserable as he did when he returned. Silas asked him what was wrong, Elizabeth and Owen asked what was wrong, but Marcus didn't answer any of them. He assured them that everyone was fine and he just needed some time alone.

Owen saw his son taking his daughter in his arms and leave. His heart dropped in his stomach because after a while he had seen the glimpse of the Marcus he believed has left for good. Owen saw Marcus that would lock himself up with his daughter in his world and wouldn't let anyone in. He saw the Marcus his son was before Charlie came along. Silas and Owen shared a worried glance, none of them spoke about it – they both knew it was something about Charlie.

At home, Marcus was a mess. He gave Kathie her toys to play with and then walked back and forth in the room – recalling the entire night in his head again. He made a big mistake by not telling Amelia about Charlie before he went there. He thought introducing Charlie to Amelia there would be a good idea, but clearly, it wasn't. Marcus didn't know how to explain it to Charlie. She had every right to be upset with him, but taking a break from him? He didn't think that would happen. Amelia has been calling and messaging him – asking him what was wrong. Why did he have to leave as soon as he came? What was with 'the woman he brought along him'? He will tell her everything, but right now Amelia wasn't in his line of focus – it was Charlie and he had to make it up to her. He hurt her badly.

Charlie on the other hand could stop crying nor could she sleep the whole night, knowing that she was supposed to meet Danny's mother for a job interview at the bakery. The next morning was hard for Charlie, with the breakup with Marcus in her mind and being sleep deprived, it was hard for her to even get something to eat or even make herself a cup of coffee. She spends most of her morning in the bed – weeping against the pillow before she got up when she realized that it getting late, so she decided to go without eating or drinking anything. She just showered, dressed, and walked out of her apartment.

Just as she was about to make her way to the staircase, Gavin jogged up – all sweaty and still wearing gym shorts and a tank top while had earphones plugged into his ears. He was coming back from his morning run. He grinned when he saw Charlie, but his grin soon fell when he saw the look on her face. Her eyes were swollen and have bags underneath them, her nose was rosy and so were her eyes. Gavin didn't have a single doubt that she has been crying. Her hair was tied in a ponytail while she wore a white bouse, that didn't look like it was properly pressed with a pair of jeans.

Gavin brought his eyebrows together, "Charlie, are you alright?" He asked in all seriousness.

"Yeah," she breathes out – not convincing Gavin even a bit.

Gavin tilted his head – he didn't get too close to her because he was profoundly sweating and he sure he probably smelled bad, but he was sure that she shouldn't leave looking and feeling the way she does. He didn't ask her what was wrong – he didn't believe it was his place or the fact that she would tell him. But he knew that something was surely wrong. He didn't want her to suffer alone, so instead of letting her go – he smashed his lips together and asked, "Have you eaten anything?"

Charlie sighed and shook her head before she gulped and replied, "I am on my way to meet Danny's mother for the job interview." She pointed her thumb behind her.

Gavin shook his head and chuckled, "Not when you are looking like that – at least eat something before you leave – or better yet let me drop you off – it comes in the way to my work," He offered.