Fun Charlie

Charlie let out a groan as she clutches her head, desperately trying to squeeze the throbbing out of it. She was swamped. She laid on the bed on her stomach – her stomach throbbed, she did her head. She had a foul taste in her mouth. Her entire body felt so heavy. She wanted to pick her head up from the bed, but she couldn't. What had happened exactly? Why was she feeling so nauseated? What did she do last night? She slowly opened her eyes, only to shut them close again. Panic raised in her as she realized that she wasn't in her room – she wasn't even in her apartment! The soft sheets over her body definitely weren't hers. Her sheets smell like lavender – these sheets smell like citrus, which was awfully familiar to her.

Trepidation ran through her body, as she jolts off the bed and sat down – flustered and panicked. She gasped as her eyes roamed around the unlit room. The curtains were drawn, but it was obvious that the sun was harshly shining outside. She groaned again and run her hand through her hair – it was a mess, a bird would have mistaken it for a nest. Her eyes fell on her feet to see one of her stilettoes was still strapped around her ankle, while the other was missing. Why was she wearing a stiletto anyway? Her eyes fell on her body to see that it was covered with a shirt – it wasn't her shirt. It was too big to be hers. She gasped. "Shit." Her heart fell in her stomach as she realized whose shirt it was. She has seen him wear it previously. Under the shirt, her bra was unhooked while she was still wearing her panties. Did she sleep with him? She doesn't remember.

As panic rinsed through her body, something twisted in her stomach making her gag. She was going to through up. She jolts off the bed and ran towards the bathroom. She opened it and flinched as the light hit her eyes, "Guh," she made a noise before she leaped towards the toilet and spew her guts out. This washroom was way too familiar – it was not just familiar, she knows she has been here. She knows where she is. How did she end up at Marcus's penthouse that too in his shirt? She hisses as she felt the skin on her stomach burn.

"I see you woke up," Marcus's voice entered her ears. Charlie closed her eyes tightly as she recalled the previous day.

She was at Gavin's apartment. She and Gavin walked out to leave to see Danny's mother for her job interview. Marcus had come to talk to her, but when she saw her with Gavin – he asked Gavin to stay away from her rather rudely, which didn't sit well for Charlie. Marcus had no right to tell her friend to stay away from her, especially now that they had broken up. She remembered Marcus pleading to listen to her, but she was getting late and she was already tired of listening to his reasons – she didn't want to hear them, so she asked him to give her space – no, she ordered him to give her space. She didn't let Marcus inside her apartment and left with Gavin.

Charlie remembered that she was hired and was asked to join from Monday. Gavin decided that this called for celebrations and he along with his other friend took Charlie to a club. She remembered getting ready. She remembered gulping shots after shots – she didn't even wait to meet Danny, who was running a little late – she doesn't remember if she met him. After a couple of shots – everything is blurry. She doesn't remember what she didn't next and most importantly how did she end up at Marcus's penthouse. She turned her head to look at Marcus – who was leaning against the doorframe with his arms folded over his chest. He had a frown on his face while his eyes never felt her.

"Why am I here? How did I get here?" Charlie asked as she rubbed her eyes.

She heard him sigh, "You don't remember anything?" He asked.

Charlie shook her head and rubbed her face – desperately trying to clear her head. Marcus blew his cheeks out and slowly walked into the washroom, "Do you want some water? I left it with a couple of painkillers on the nightstand, I guess you didn't see." He told her as he kneeled to her level.