two

twisted and deranged

in the small fraction of time the girl had been mentioned, alex, found his mind still being fixated to one particular person.

he couldn't deny he was intrigued by her, but he just couldn't seem to understand why now. of all the years he could've been intrigued, why now? perhaps, it was because, there was a part of him that was terrified by the girl, and figured that the more he knew about her, all the more reason to stay away.

his hopes and prayers, though, were not answered.

it was first period, and he had already found himself late to his first class: music. most of the kids had already found their seat...it was a small classroom, and he found that all seats were occupied. all apart from one.

shit.

he shifted on his feet, the beauty of her compelling him immediately. he hadn't really seen much of her before, (only seeing her back as she was walking away), but now that he could fully see the girl, he knew his friends were right. she did seemingly get more attractive over the summer.

if that was even possible.

he had heard all about her, and what was said, did make her seem fascinating, and her looks only added to her appeal.

over the six weeks of summer, she had grown out her light brown hair, started wearing more makeup, and seemed bigger in certain areas.

she looked as though she came right out of a time travelling machine from the 70s. her dark flared jeans, and floral tank top, which tied at the front, was proof of that.

in comparison to him, with just his jeans and jumper, she was assertive beyond compare. it seemed as though she was written straight out of song book, and he looked like the person hypnotised by the tune.

"alex, sit down," mr barlow ordered the boy, dragging him away from his thoughts.

"will do, sir," the younger boy spoke nonchalantly, his eyes looking around the room to double check for any sign of a spare seat.

finding none, he had no choice but to make his way to the girl that was fixated on her fingers strumming the cords to a soft tune on the schools' guitar. alex couldn't help but notice her painted black nails were significantly chipped. a dead ringer for a girl that didn't take care of herself.

"are you gonna just stand there?"

alex felt a lump form in his throat, realising he had been caught staring at the girl. the fact of the matter, was worse as he was caught by her.

everything he had prepared to say, suddenly went over his head, with just one look into those green eyes.

the growing tension was thankfully dissolved, however, when a small smile crept its way onto the girl's lips, and she seemed almost friendly. almost. "don't worry, i won't move your chair before you sit down."

something in those troublesome eyes of hers begged to differ.

she gestured to the seat again, and he gave her a forced, unsure smile, before taking off his backpack and sitting it beside his chair.

"you want a go?" she offered, holding out the acoustic guitar, and alex eyed it. "it's not as easy as it looks, but you'll get used to it in time. practice makes perfect, alexander."

the look on his face, was telling her that he was questioning the fact she knew his name. he didn't even realise she knew he existed before today. "it's on the board," she gave a small chuckle and he looked over to what she was pointing to. surely enough, there was the board of the seating plan. he must've missed it, and that was why there was a seat left beside her. he just assumed that no one wanted to sit beside her, because she was, well... unapproachable.