six

say the word, your wish is my command

if there was a prize to be won for who made one of the worst decisions in history, alex could possibly win this one by a landslide.

it was most definitely not a good idea, but he had no choice. sure, he could've just ditched her, but there was still a part of him, deep down, that knew it couldn't have gone well if he did.

she probably would've told everyone about matt's heartbreak, (if she hadn't already). or maybe she would've just given him shit for it in their next lesson.

therefore, the worst decision he could've possibly made resulted in him telling his friends to meet him outside of school the next morning, earlier than usual, with no explanation whatsoever.

they asked why, of course they did.

he just didn't give them an answer.

nonetheless, there were many things that could go wrong with this meet-up. this entire situation, as a matter of fact, but it was alex's fault by telling her everything, and so he told himself he would fix it.

he knew that his friends would be hesitant towards this arrangement, that was a known fact.

he was just clueless as to what their final decision would be.

he didn't know whether they would refuse her assistance altogether, or if hell would freeze over and they actually accepted her help.

inevitably, the first option had a higher probability of occurring than that of the second.

but what was the probability of them actually being fond of the idea that harlow fucking grace, was going to help them fulfil their desire for revenge?

it was very low, that's for sure.

but not impossible.

and then again, it was just one small favour. it wasn't as though she was becoming their friend, in anyway, but there would be some sort of respect between them.

they would owe her something.

perhaps, that was why she volunteered herself to help. maybe she saw it as her chance to have someone else do her bidding.
to gain something in return for her assistance.

or maybe, she was just seeking a little mischief wherever she could get it, and saw this as a perfect opportunity.

with all of this on his mind, alex began to dread the entire situation even further.

but most of all, he was dreading matt's reaction to when he tells him harlow knew about his love life because of him. or lack there of, thanks to greenwich.

~

come tuesday morning, alex was attempting to hold his head high and proud, constantly assuring himself that everything will be fine, and that it would soon smooth over.

he was stood outside the school now, playing with the ring on his index finger; portraying how anxious he truly was.

"oi, alex!"

the anxious riddled teen, felt his heart sink at the sound of his best mate calling him from across the street.

matt held his arms out wide, giving his friend a baffled look, before dropping them back down to his sides. it was sort of a, 'the fuck is going on' gesture.
beside him stood jamie and nick, both of them with the same look as matt's etched on their features.