Rose

I sit at the breakfast bar at Tim's again and I feel my self dozing off. I see flashes. Caleb's face, Emmett's face, me in the barrel, the blood between my legs. Flashes in and out of my head every time I start to fall asleep and I snap my eyes back open.
"Come on in. She's in the kitchen Lila."
"Mommmyyy." Lila came running in the kitchen and jumped in my arms. "I miss you." I hold her in my arms and I breath in her scent, berries and vanilla.
"Mommy can we go home?"
"Not right now baby. Your going to stay with grandma for just a few more days, okay?"
"But can we play for a few first."
"Why don't you ask Tim for some crayons and paper." Before she even asked he was at the table with both things.
I start to scribble Lilas name and draw little stars and hearts.
"I'll be right in the living room if you need me." Tim says sitting a cup of coffee in front of me which I down eagerly.
"Look mommy." She had a picture of me smiling and her holding my hand. I smiled a little at it. An hour passed by with Lila coloring me and smiling at her pictures and the occasional that's nice baby.
"Can you make me pancakes?" She asked. "Grandma said I could have breakfast with you."

Tim's POV
I handed Lucy some coffee and went in my living room where I sat down across from Mrs. Lang.
"Your right she is a zombie." She told me.
"This is the most she's talked since Lila came to stay with you. I don't know what to do." I sigh and take a drink of coffee. "She didn't sleep last night. She doesn't know I know. But I do."
"Just give her some times. She's been through a lot, she'll bounce back. I've seen that girl overcome a lot. I never approved of how Emmett treated her. I'm actually glad he's behind bars. Not tainting Lila, not hurting Lucy. She's a good woman Tim." She shakes her head in disgust. "Is she going to speak to someone?"

"The departments willing to pay for therapy. She has an appointment tomorrow actually. I made it for her. She doesn't know yet. She missed her appointment yesterday. She refused to leave the bed." I recalled trying to get Lucy to get out of bed and she wouldn't move. She just laid there staring at the wall holding her stomach. The memory alone hurt my heart. I hate seeing her like this.

"Can you make me pancakes?" I heard Lila ask Lucy. I stood up and peeked in. Lucy got up and started looking in the cupboards. I smiled at her she moved for Lila. "Grandma said I can have breakfast with you."
"Yes sweetie." She began pouring the mix in a bowl and I stepped back.
"I knew this would help." I look at Mrs. Lang who has a knowing smile on her face.
"Im so sorry for what my son did to you guys. How are you holding up?" The older lady asked me.
"I don't know. I haven't had time to deal. I've been taking care of Lucy."
"Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Let's go check on them."
She was right, besides being angry or sad for Lucy I haven't thought of how I feel. I know I'm relieved she's okay. I know I went through hell but, I didn't go through nearly anything as bad as Lucy. It doesn't seem fair to her.

Lucy's POV
Im making Lila pancakes but I'm so tired. So so tired... I just want to go to sleep. The coffee did nothing. Tim and Mrs. Lang then walk in and sit down.
I walk over to Lila and kiss her forehead, "Mommy loves you sweetie but I need to go lay down okay. Tim will make you pancakes before Grandma takes you back to her house. Mommy's boo-boos hurt." I look at Tim who frowns.
"I wuv you mommy."
I walk through the bedroom and to the bed. I lay down in the covers and soon a nightmare filled sleep takes over.

I'm back in the barrel and Tim pulls me out. I open my eyes and look at him. I notice movement from behind him. I look up and see Caleb. "TIM!" I yell. But Caleb drives his knife right through Tim's chest. "Gotcha!" He then shoves me back in and closes the lid again laughing.

"Lucy. Lucy!" I awake to Tim shaking me. "Lucy you need to talk to someone. This isn't normal! You don't eat, you don't sleep without being terrorized. You were yelling my name this time. You never do that. Talk to me what we're you dreaming about." He held my face in his hands.