16

Jungwon met up with Sunoo on the way to school. They walked and came together.

"Riki!" Sunoo ran to him right when he saw the younger. "Let's all walk together."

Riki walked with them until they reached their classroom, but he didn't say a single word.

The day went on and Riki stayed silent the whole day. Jungwon found it odd that yesterday he was super excited and jolly, but now he's exactly the opposite.

"Sunoo," he nudged at Sunoo who was busy trying to take a selca underneath his table while the professor wasn't looking, "Is Riki not feeling well?"

"I don't know." Sunoo shrugged.

"He isn't talking to anyone."

Break time.

Jungwon and Sunoo walked with Riki to have snacks at the cafeteria.

"Please..." Riki stopped walking, the two were confused, "Please stop following me."

Riki looked frustrated, he looked down, "Leave me alone, for now."

"But we're friends, Riki, you can tell us anythi-"

"I'll quit the studio, I will never dance again." Riki cut Sunoo and walked away.

Sunoo and Jungwon were surprised.

Jungwon followed with Sunoo.

"Riki," Jungwon caught up to him, "Why? Didn't you say you love it so much?"

"No." Riki answered, his voice shaking, "I have more things to do that are much more important than dancing. I have other responsibilities."

Jungwon sighed, he put his hand on Riki's shoulder.

"But, dancing makes you happy." Sunoo smiled at Riki, trying to cheer him up.

Riki looked down, "I won't leave something important just for my own pleasure. I will never be like the sun."

Riki walked away.

Jungwon looked at Sunoo, he looked disheartened.

Sunoo tried to follow Riki but Jungwon stopped him.

"We should give him time."

"The sun is back, but why is no one glad about it?" Sunoo.

Jungwon looked at him with a smile.

"I am."

Jungwon read the letter he received from the Dean.

He closed his eyes and sighed, "I'll be dropped if we can't pay on time."

"What's that?" Sunoo came out from the restroom.

"Nothing, just scribbles." Jungwon quickly hid the letter and smiled, "Let's go?"

They walked home together as it became their daily routine.

"Cheer up Sunoo-ah!" Jungwon as they bid goodbye to each other, "Good night!"

Sunoo smiled bitterly.

Jungwon reached home. He's glad that despite what happened to Riki, he managed to comfort Sunoo for a bit.

He went inside the gate and heard people talking inside.

"We'll be short by next week."

"But we still have to pay for Jungwon's fees, we can't make another promissory note."

It was his parents.

"We have no other choice, I still haven't got my pay from work."

"I'll apply for a loan, it can help a bit."

Jungwon sighed, then he smiled and walked in.

"I'm home!"

His parents were surprised, they smiled brightly and welcomed him.

"Wonie, come, sit down," his mom greeted, "I prepared your favorite for dinner!"

His eyes widened, "Wow, curry!"

His parents chuckled as well as his sister who just came home too.

"How's everyone's day, huh?" his dad asked with a cheerful smile.

Jungwon felt down and heartbroken while looking at his parents' smiles. It breaks his heart to see them smile despite all the problems they have.

He can't just let them suffer alone, Jungwon wanted to help his parents.

Jungwon decided to look for a part time job.