Getting Ready

Mani Megalai stirred and woke up from her sleep as her phone alarm rang with a loud but low pitched sound just enough to wake her

Mani Megalai stirred and woke up from her sleep as her phone alarm rang with a loud but low pitched sound just enough to wake her. She struggled to get out of her bed as she didn't have good sleep for a few days. After struggling for a while, she turned her alarm off and got up from her bed. She saw herself in the mirror. Well…. She wasn't the usual Mani Megalai. Due to not having good sleep for some days, eye bags were beginning to form under her eye. She was shocked at first but composed herself.

"Ippo konjama thaane irukku. Paravala… Audition ku pogurathukulla athu maranchidum….", she said to herself. But after seconds, something strikes her. She went to the table near her bed and took her phone. She opened it and saw the day - 'THURSDAY'.
It was the Audition Day. "Aiyayoo, innika audition!? 😰", she started to panic.

She went to her cupboard, picked up the finest dress she had and ran towards her bathroom with her towel. After having a refreshing bath, she came dressed up and had a towel wrapped around her wet hair. She sat in front of the dressing table and took out her make-up kit box. She didn't have much in the kit as she never gave such importance to make-up. She had very basic items like face cream, powder, mascara, kajal, lipstick and a five coloured eyeshadow palette. But she was worried and started to panic that she had to cover her eye bags or else it wouldn't create a nice impression on her at the Audition. Just then, she remembered that she had a concealer in her handbag that her friend gave to her as a sample. She walked fastly to the table, picked up her bag and searched in her bag in a rush. As soon as she found the concealer, she ran back to the dressing table and started to apply the make-up. While applying the concealer, she made sure she didn't miss any spot. It was her first time using a concealer, but she used it like a pro.

After doing her make-up, she unwrapped the towel on her head and let her hair fall. Her hair was still a bit wet, but she knew it would be dry before she reached the place where the audition was happening. She took out her earring collection box and took a pair of silver hoop earrings which matched with her navy blue outfit. Mani Megalai is a girl who is so crazy about earrings. She had a huge collection of all types of earrings in every color. But hoop earrings were her favorite. She wore the earrings, stood up and saw herself in the mirror.

She wanted her outfit to look professional but not so formal. She wanted her outfit to have a neutral color so that it wouldn't be so distracting. She wanted to be away from bold & bright colors like red and yellow as well as from dark colors like black.  And most importantly, she wanted the outfit to be comfortable for her so that she will be able to bring her best self to the audition.

  And most importantly, she wanted the outfit to be comfortable for her so that she will be able to bring her best self to the audition

Therefore she chose the sky blue colored outfit. It was in earth tone color; not too bright and not too dark either. It had a professional touch without being very formal. And she was very comfortable in it and it made her look and feel good. The way she looked gave her all the confidence she needed for the audition.

"Okay. Look ellam okay va thaan irukku… But eppadi than vetla soldrathu?!😰 Ashwin ooda plan work out aaguma?".She was in the middle of a battlefield where her heart and brain were against each other. Her brain said that the plan will definitely be a flop and she will never be able to go to the audition and advised her to drop the plan of going to a job in the media. "Come on girl…. Your father is a successful businessman in this city. If you ask him, he could buy you anything. Why do you have to struggle by going to a job?!", The brain said. And the heart started to argue back. "Girl…. Don't listen to your brain!!! It is manipulating you. Just follow your dreams. Just stick to them. Just because your father is a businessman doesn't mean you shouldn't have a career of your own.... Remember, it was your wish to become an Anchor. Don't ever change your dream or yourself for anyone!", the heart said.

The argument between the two was obviously making Mani Megalai go crazy. Poor Girl, she was so confused. Then the confused Mani Megalai took her phone and looked at the time. 8:10 AM. The time was ticking and she had no time to lose. The duration for her to reach the place where the audition is from her home is about one and a half hours travel. She has to get out of the house real soon.

After having another glance of herself in the mirror and taking a deep breath, she took her phone & handbag and opened her room door. Her heart raced as she walked towards the stairs. When she was about to get down the stairs, she bumped into her brother. Her brother scanned his sister from top to bottom and asked "Ready ah?!". She nodded a bit but Ashwin had understood her anxiety indeed. He assured her that everything will be alright and went down the stairs.

Mani Megalai, taking some time to gain all of her confidence in her, went downstairs. She saw her mother preparing breakfast in the kitchen while Ashwin and her father had sat at the dining table. Ashwin turned and saw his sister at the bottom of the stairs. After signaling Ashwin with her eyes, she greeted her father with a smile,walked past him and went to the kitchen. Ashwin smiled at her as their plan had started.

To Be Continued.......

When in rush, everyone does panic... And so did Mani Megalai. But even if she is in a panic mode, she doesn't let anything go wrong🤗

Mani Megalai sure has a great taste of fashion. The way she chooses her outfits, jewelry and makeup is simple yet amazing❤️

Even being in anxiety and confusions, she does follows her heart. And that's why she proceeded with the plan🥰

Well, what is the full plan?

What's Ashwin's role in it?

Will Mani Megalai be able to attend the audition on time?

Stay Tuned with us ❣️