Chapter 7

Everyone sang and danced along with Korra who was playing the electric guitar back to back with Kai.

Kuvira was nothing but proud of her best friend, she always knew this is where Korra was meant to be. She then heard a phone ringing, she went to go look around and found Korra's phone noticing it was her mother calling "shit" Kuvira grabbed the phone answering it "hey Senna"

"Kuvira? What a pleasant surprise" Senna said through the other side of the phone. "How's everything?"

"Everything's great" Kuvira nervously chuckled

"That's good, can I talk to Korra"

"Oh umm... she's actually in the shower, I can have her call you when she's out" Kuvira was praying that Senna's would take the bait and leave it alone.

"That's fine dear, I can just stay on the with you while she fnishes up" Senna said 'shit' Kuvira thought "How are the travels, is my daughter having fun?" Senna asked

"Yea, we're actually in the fire nation, we'll be leaving to republic city next" Kuvira said "How's your work"

"It's going great! tiring but we're actually finding studies" Senna said

"That's great" Kuvira didn't know how much longer she can keep the conversation.

"Thank you Fire Nation!" Mako announced and the crowd cheered. "What was that?" Korra's mother asked.

"Nothing, we were just watching an old live concert on tv" She said hoping she'd buy it

"That sounds like fun"

"Oh look it's Korra" Kuvira said as Korra walked towards her "Korra who just got out the shower"

Korra looked at her best friend confused as Kuvira handed her the phone "Hello?" Korra said into the phone

"Hi sweet heart"

"Mom?" Korra's eyes widened "Hi mom" Korra didn't know what to say, normally Korra would only receive one call from her mother or father during their trip, so far this makes 2. "Didn't expect you to be calling, what are you up to?"

"me and your father just got back to the hotel, we actually have reception so I wanted to call"

"Oh how nice"

"Korra come on we gotta go" Mako shouted across the room for Korra, who held her hand out telling him to wait.

"Who was that?"

"No one, just an old video Kuvira was playing on her phone"

"Oh ok" it got quiet, Korra and her mother didn't know what to say to each other. "so how's work?" Korra asked

"It's going good." Senna stayed silent for another second "And you journey?"

"It's great. we're having a lot of fun" Korra said. The call fell silent again, it was too awkward. Korra faked yawned "I should get some rest, I got a long day tomorrow" she said

"Oh right, yes, goodnight sweetheart, love you"

"Love you too mom, goodnight" Korra hung up

"I had a longer conversation with your mom" Kuvira said

"Well, I don't know what to tell you" The blue eyed girl shrugged then went with Bolin and Kuvira to pick up Naga and Pabu from the dressing room. As they walked with the boys towards the bus.

Kuvira grabbed her best friend's hand pulling her away from the boys saying they'll be back. Korra was confused "where are you taking me?" She asked

"While the workers are loading up the equipment, we are going to find this girl of yours" Kuvira simply said as she continued pulling Korra.