Chapter 1: The Young Slime

--Rimuru POV--

I'm currently being smothered by Veldora. Well... Cuddling.

The feeling of our souls being disconnected really did a number on us emotionally, so now we're attached at the hip.

We're sitting on the hill that I love so much, the hill that looks over the city of 'Rimuru'.

The wind is softly blowing, if I could feel cold, I probably would have shivered.

"... Are you comfortable?" Veldora leaned down to whisper in my ear. That was both heart fluttering and incredibly cringy.

"I haven't moved since we sat down. I would have 'woosh'ed out of your grip if I was uncomfortable." I responded while waving my hand.

Suddenly, he and I felt an incredibly weak presence... IT'S A SLIME. I looked at it, noticing it is far smaller than I was when I was first born.

<<This slime is a newborn in power, age, and appearance. Master was born as an adult, as well as unique.>>

Oh? So not all slimes look like me when they're born... Good to know, I guess.

"It must have been separated from its colony. It's of the rare fire slime colony as well." said Veldora, with a twinge of curiosity in his voice.

"Fire colony? There are different attributed colonies?" I asked... and immediately regretted it.

"WAHAHAHA. So the Great Demon Lord Rimuru inquiries for my knowledge!" He shouted with a proud smile on his face.

I could have just asked Ciel, but I unconsciously asked aloud.

<<Different attributed colonies->>

Hold on Ciel, let Veldora answer first, if I don't get it I'll ask you, okay? I want to indulge him this once, it's kind of cu- Forget that last part...

<<...>>

She'll forget it, right?

"Different attributed colonies are rare, and highly valued. They're often used for weapons or potions, really anything you can use them for in magic."

...Ciel, is everything he said true?

<<Indeed it is, Master.>>

Her response made me increasingly uncomfortable, if I hadn't made a name for myself or had become as strong as I am now, who knows what kind experiments I would have been put through!

I looked at the small slime, it had a soft pink color. It was gliding around in circles, as if it were looking for something.

"It's kind of cute." I whispered.

"Indeed it is." Veldora paused, and then his face contorted into a huge smile as if he had just had a grand idea "Should we keep it? We could give it our name and raise it as our own, since you and I can't have children, this would be perfect! Not only that, but the sacred texts often ended with marriage and children, we don't need the marriage but we could-"

"WOAH WOAH, WHAT?!" I shouted. Marriage! Children! I mean I admit that I never got that chance when I was alive back in my old world and I would have liked to, but I'm immortal now. What would be the point if I'm just going to outlive my child!

<<It is possible to adjust the constitution of the child to that similar to a demon, like those who serve Master. Their power will remain weak but their lifespan would be irrelevant, unless spiritually attacked.>>

Oh?... Hey, but I didn't ask- Whatever, you always had the habit of answering queries before I could ask anyway... Would they have the chance to gain power?

<<Indeed, master.>>

"Do you not want to?" Veldora looked a little hurt as he said this, at a volume that could just barely be heard.

Ah, now I feel guilty. "No, Veldora. I'm sorry, it's just that I was surprised and worried. You and I, our life spans are practically non-existent, but that's not the case with the baby, I don't want to live longer than someone I raised as my own child."

Veldora seemed to realize what I was feeling. Looking upset, with his head lowered, he muttered "I'm sorry," I guess he was just excited.

"But~ There's a way to change the kids constitution so that it's kind of like Diablo minus the ridiculous amount of power," Veldora stared at me slightly confused. "In other words, unless someone hurts them, a life span would be irrelevant."

Veldora's eyes sparkled "So are we going to raise a child?".

"I'm okay with it. I don't think anyone would hurt them unless they want our powers wreaking havoc around the world in a rage." I said as if it was no big deal.

"BWAHAHAHA, you are indeed correct, and maybe you could establish a knight order dedicated to protecting the little one?"

He really wants a kid doesn't he?

<<You too are excited, master, your brain waves->>

I don't need confirmation, thank you.

"I'll leave the naming to you, Rimuru"

Of course he will, what would be a good name, technically the child is genderles, so maybe a gender neutral name... My name is gender neutral, although on the cute side. Ah!

I went and picked up the slime, it jolted as if it were surprised, but nothing more. I sat between Veldora's legs again and put the slime on my thighs.

Ready, partner?

<<Ready. Attempting 'Thought Communication'... 'Thought Communication' established. Awaiting the opening of 'Soul Corridor' to begin adjustments.>>

Alright, here goes nothing. "Your name will be Adani Tempest. Child of Rimuru and Veldora Tempest."

The slime began to glow, deform and reform. Finally, a small naked child, with the appearance of a two year old child was sitting on my lap. They had messy hair that only reached their chin, it was light pink with four blond and silver-blue streaks. Their sparkling gold eyes reflect ours.

<<Adjustments complete. Adani Tempest Skills:

Absorb, Dissolve, Self-Regeneration

Magic-Attack resistance, Melee-Attack Resistance, Temperature Resistance, Thought Communication, Sonar

Mimic: Human body and dragon wings

Unique skill: Heat Sage

Body heat override, Speed, Melting Point, Iron Hot, Heat Sense>>

"Hello Adani, I am your father, the Storm Dragon, Veldora Tempest. This is your mother, Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest-"

"WHY THE HELL AM I A MOTHER?!" I shouted.

"You look more feminine, while I am far more masculine."

"I could look masculine! I just don't because it's meticulous!"

In the midst of our arguing, a small voice caught all our attention. "Padou? Madou?"

"The child spoke... Did you give them the ability to speak?" Veldora gasped with wonder in his eyes.

"Yeah , I thought it would be nice for them to be able to speak with others."

"Padou! Madou!... Pa! Ma!" Adani shouted with a large blushing smile across their face.

Oh no, "Looks like it stuck," Veldora said with a smug grin on his face. "That's right, I am Pa and this is Ma."

"Ma!" Adari shouted while burying their face in my chest. My heart was clenching due to the cuteness overload, I can't say no to this child!

"I guess I'm a mom now" Adani was now looking over my shoulder playing with Veldora's finger. "We should probably introduce Adani to my officials... but first, they need some clothes." I said as I produced an oversized white shirt.

Who knows what kind of adventure this will be.

°°°°°°°°°°°

And so the first chapter has been released my dudes. I'm thinking of uploading every Saturday, let me know what you all think!