Chapter 4: The Preparation

+Disclaimer: There are vague spoilers in this chapter

°°°°°°°°

--Rimuru POV--

It's been two weeks since I introduced Adani to my officials and company. Benimaru, Shuna and Diablo got to work on the assignments I gave them.

Diablo, being the oddball he is, fought against all of the members of the Black Numbers, excluding the three demonesses and they're personal servants. He chose the four demons that lasted the longest against him. Shuna asked the four demons what they would do if a child was afraid and crying. Three of them had... questionable answers, but there was one whose answer was, surprisingly, satisfactory.

Brera, a demoness who is a dependant of Diablo himself, being an underling that was part of Venom's group, his second in command. This demoness answered that a child's fear isn't something to revel in, and it's best to just leave them be. Shuna and Diablo didn't say why these demons were chosen or asked this question, which made her answer impressive, in fact.

When Shuna told the four demons the reason, apparently the three had gone pale, understanding why Shuna and Diablo scowled at their answers, while Brera seemed elated. I had gone to speak to her and she was going on and on about how great the honor was given with this position, or how she will serve Adani faithfully, all that jazz.

Brera went under the training with the local child care center and today is her last day. The knight order built for the sake of Adani was now complete. Gobelén, an ogre originally part of the Kurenai, was chosen as the captain. The order, which I decided to name 'Rosemary', had a total of one-hundred members... Although, my officials were trying to make it five-hundred, but I set a limit.

"Dani, baby!" I called from the kitchen. "Dinner is ready!"

Adani had moved into the room Diablo had ordered to be prepared two weeks ago. Although he usually sticks to me like glue everyday, I had ordered that on my days off I would like to be left alone, and I told Haruna that on those days she doesn't need to come by to take care of Adani. I want to raise my kid too.

"Mommy! Daddy won't get up or let me go!" she called from her room.

Veldora comes up every day to spend time with Adani. Unlike me (with the help of Ciel), he can't contain his aura at all times, eventually it would overflow and burst, so he lives in the labyrinth. At first he wanted Adani to go spend some nights with him in the labyrinth but she refused, saying that she doesn't want to live where people fight and work all the time. So instead, Veldora comes up and spends time with her in her room, and Adani goes down 'plays' with him in the dungeon.

"Veldora! Wake up and let her go so we can eat! Or I swear, I will take your food privileges away for a week!" I could hear a mess of scrambling in Adani's room and then the door burst open.

"I'm up and Dani is free! Don't take my food!" Veldora shouted standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Mommy, is this curry? Am I going to try curry today?" Adani's eyes sparkled as she looked up at me while I placed the plates, her two half-ponytails seemed to have been wagging.

"Yup, yesterday you had Zosui [rice soup], today you will have curry!" I said and lifted her and sat her in the high chair, since she's still too small for the table, I sat down next to her in a normal chair.

"By the way Dani, you speak much clearer now. You and Haruna must have worked very hard." said Veldora as he poured Adani's favorite drink, orange juice.

"Mhmm! Haruna-san would sit with me , helping me say letters and words. Diablo-nii and Ramiris-oneesan would talk to me everyday so I could practice, too!" she said she ate, swaying her feet.