Chapter 4 - Bone-Chilling Fear

Legoshi tried to fight his body as he felt his charge towards the herbivore, barely giving them a chance to run.

He was getting closer and he felt his body gain strength. No longer able to fight his actions, he felt himself pounce at the frail herbivore, the two of them tumbling a number of times on the cold hard ground of the courtyard before coming to a stop, Legoshi holding the defenseless herbivore close to his chest as he crouched close to the ground.

Legoshi began to lower his head, past the antlers-

Antlers?

Legoshi took a glance towards the antlers and took in the sight of the blood dripping from where a small piece of the antler had snapped off in their tumble. Legoshi let his eyes trail down to the terrified face of the herbivore he had just tackled.

Their eyes were screwed shut, face scrunched up from the pain in their antlers and the fear violently gripping their heart. Legoshi recognized the soft features, lithe figure, and he could even match their terrified, pained whimpers to the voice of the deer that has been on his mind all day.

This is Louis' little brother, he thought to himself.

Despite his revelation, Legoshi couldn't stop his head from continuing its path to the other's shoulder.

Pulling the frail deer in close to his chest, Legoshi could feel the rapid thumping heartbeat from the frightened herbivore in his arms. Legoshi couldn't control himself as he felt his tongue run along the deer's shoulder and up the side of his neck, cherishing the delicious taste of the boy's blood on his tongue. Legoshi heard a choked sob escape the horrified boy's lips, but ignored it in favor of savoring the most delicious thing that had ever graced his taste buds.

Legoshi could feel his eyes roll upwards and his arms tighten around the thin frame of the smaller animal.

Legoshi opened his mouth and was lining his jaw up to the other's neck. Before he could bite down he was interrupted by Zoe's voice screaming, "LEGOSHI HELP!"

The goat's sudden shout for help was enough to snap Legoshi out of his trance, his hold on the herbivore weakening. Taking his chance, the deer immediately took off running, the sudden movement out of the wolf's hands causing the wolf's sharp claws to cut through the skin on the deer's forearm.

Legoshi watched the boy run, horrified at what he had done...

----------------

Forté felt as though he couldn't breathe as he sprinted back to the herbivore dorm as fast as his legs could possibly take him. Trying desperately not to trip over his own feet, Forté ran up the steps to his dorm building, immediately running to the stairwell.

When Forté reached his floor, he allowed himself to breathe a sigh of relief as he noticed he hadn't been followed. Before going to his room, Forté decided to go to the community bathroom on the same floor, to make use of the first aid kit mounted on the wall. However, Forté didn't even make it to the sink before collapsing against the closed door, sliding down to rest on the floor. 

Here, now safe on the grimy bathroom floor, Forté allowed himself to cry. Overcome with fear, he sobbed for what felt like hours, only now noticing the pain in his head, shoulder and arm, having previously not noticed the injuries due to the overwhelming fear that he was feeling just minutes prior. Fuck, my antler even snapped, Forté thought to himself grimly. He was unable to suppress a pained grimace as he gently used a hand to poke and prod at the tender area where the small section of his antler had snapped off, now just a small bloody stump on the side of his - already rather small - left antler.