Chapter 1

In a high rise building that stood tall and proud amongst the few other skyscrapers, a man of noble bearing threw a folder of papers on the large oak table.

"Ha! How stupid can they get?" He scoffed as he crossed his legs and leaned back into his leather chair.

His honey brown hair was all brushed back, giving focus to his rugged and handsome facial features. His narrow eyes were an emerald green that shone with intelligence and cunningness.

Standing in front of him, another man named Luis, in a black simple suit stood casually. Used to it, Luis shrugged at the boss's arrogant personality.

"I'm afraid they are, sir."

"I smell a rat."

The man hummed as he stood up. He walked towards the glass wall that gave him a magnificent overlook from above of the city he lived in. He tapped the glass with his knuckles, as if to see if it would break.

It didn't and never will. Neither will the empire he polished and molded with his sweat and blood.

"The rat that escaped long ago seems to have come back, even more greedy this time." Luis replied as he headed over to the bar counter situated in the corner of the large office and poured himself a drink. He settled on the couch for the conversation that would no doubt take a while.

"Hmm, which rat are we talking about again? There was quite a few, I don't remember each insignificant one."

"I was able to investigate some stuff with the little time you gave me."

Luis glanced at his boss with an urge to slap his workaholic boss. Luis had been working overtime for three weeks now, and today was supposed to be his first day off in a long while.
But now there was a rat that just had to crawl in. Luis wouldn't be so irritated if the matter was to simply exterminate the sole rat. No doubt, his prideful boss would launch a house cleaning operation.

Luis continued, "It's your father's uncle's child. Your father's uncle passed on his ambitions and fortune to that boy. He trained him a bit and sent him immaturely here in hopes of taking revenge."

"Oh, that guy. Wow, the old man's still kicking. I would've thought the gun wound I gave him last would've made him kick the bucket. His persistence is applaudable." The man whistled as he turned around. "Well, don't you seem comfortable." He raised an eyebrow at his friend slash subordinate.

"Of course, I do. With how often you call me over to order me around I practically live in this office. In case you didn't notice, I added the alcohol bar for me not you." Luis sarcastically smirked as he roasted his boss.

"Hahaha, I did know and I kept quiet since I, too, need a drink every now and then." The man chuckled at his right hand man while he poured himself a drink as well.

They both needed something to take their nerves off the edge. They had been working for three weeks non stop to finish a big transaction with another giant corporation. And when they finally had time to relax, the forgotten enemies of their past started popping up.

The man raised his glass in gratitude of all his competent subordinate had done for him these past 10 years. "Thank you Luis, I appreciate all you've done for me."

Luis brightened up, glad his complaining worked. "After this, I demand a two weeks off! If not Alissa will kill me. And you'll no longer have a best friend and your sister will become a widow!"

"Alright, fine, you can take off for two weeks. She's also been nagging at me, saying she'll bomb the office building if I keep trapping you in here." The man chuckled. His cold eyes softened at the mention of his family, one of the only two he had left. His parents left the younger him with two siblings, an older sister and a younger sister.

"Hurray for vacation time! Hurray for my lovely wife that could convince the workaholic demon!" Luis put his hands together, thanking god for whatever strings he may have pulled to make the impossible possible. Luis felt like a zombie being deprived of his lovely wife. His life these two months was work and work, and then some more work given by the demonic boss.

"Enough with your theatrics, Luis. We have some work to do, to keep our company and family safe."

"Too bad we can't just straight up kill them, it'll save us the trouble of stomping on them every time they pop up like cockroaches." Luis sighed. It's been awhile since one of those greedy people provoked the boss, so Luis gradually forgot about their existence.

"It's troublesome since we live in progressively lawful times, but not impossible. We'll use the rat as bait. Whatever bites-"

"Is ours to devour." Luis finished.

"Exactly, my friend."

They clank their glasses of whiskey in agreement.

Not only will they take the lives of their enemies, everything they had owned is the loot and reward of dealing with those hyenas.