Chapter 4

The two left left in separate cars, him in the Nissan and Luis in the truck. They had to drive for a while to reach the hideout of the doctor who would receive the corpses. Then they had to call on someone else to dispose of the remains and a middle man to take the goods to a competent black market trader in human organ trafficking.

Half an hour into the drive on the dark and vacant road, it started to drizzle. The rain softly fell on the cars windshield.

Soon, it became enough to obstruct their vision of the road.

Debating if they should stop on the side and wait out the rain, Luis used his phone to call his boss.

"Boss, I can't see shit on the road, we should stop for a bit."

"We can't, they'll start rotting." They can't sell the organs if they're all spoilt.

"Sigh, alright boss."

"Drive slow." Was all he said before hanging up on Luis.

The light drizzle had transformed into heavy drops of rain. Yet, they continued on their path. They couldn't get found by others, especially law enforcement.

They were currently nearing a narrow, downward slope with Luis driving the truck behind his boss's car. Luis squinted his eyes and leaned forward to get a better view. He scrunched his eyebrows, confused and reached for his phone again.

Putting it on speaker, he said. "Boss, either I'm hallucinating or this fog is messing with me, but are you floating???" Luis stared at the car in front of him that floated only a few centimeters above yet kept moving at the same speed as before.

"What? Are you high?" He trailed off with a chuckled.

"No no, I'm not, seriously. Boss... why are you speeding up?!"

"I'm not..." He paused for a moment. "Fuck. The break's, nothing is working."

"Boss jump out!" Luis frantically speed up to keep up with the power of other car.

"Jump out at this speed?! To where?!"

One side of the narrow road was the hard wall of the mountain and the other side was empty space, a view of the trees below.

"There's a turn right in front of you! You're gonna end up going down! Just get on top of your car and then jump on top of this truck!"

" ..."

"Boss? Boss?!"

Frustrated, Luis shouted through the phone when his boss still didn't move.

"I can't move..."

"What? Boss, this is so not the time to be paralyzed by fear!"

"No, I seriously can't move my legs, somethings wrong."

The man looked at his legs that felt frozen, there was a thin black thread in the air as well as a white one. He felt like he was hallucinating.

Luis then remembered, his boss has never been afraid of anything. Someone must have rigged his car and poisoned him!

The man stared at the black thread that had kicked away the white one before moving towards his neck. It wrapped around him snuggly, before exerting some pressure and then loosening a bit.

"I guess it's my time to go..." He whispered as he felt like a grim reaper had their hand around his neck.

Luckily his hands could still move. He pressed record on his phone before raising his voice to speak to Luis. "Luis, you were a great friend, thank you for all you've done for me. I leave all my shares in the company and my sister to you. The rest of my assets go to Ella. Take care of them."

His elder sister was already married to Luis, so he only worried about the younger one, Ella. He just hoped she'd be able to go on with her life. She lost her parents at a young age and now her brother before she could even become an adult.

"Boss?! That sounds awfully like a good-"

"Bye." He hung up.

He sent the recording of his will to Luis right before his car speed off the railing.

He closed his eyes as he felt the wind blow harshly against his face.

The god above rejoiced as it watched the end of the man who took its beloved child's life. Now with him gone, the heavens favorite can reincarnate and live the glorious and fulfilling life it had fated for him.

This was the unfair end of this worlds villain.